VanderHouwen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VanderHouwen Interview Questions

2.2

Several Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VanderHouwen.

Interview

I initially met with several people at Vanderhouwen's Portland office. They gave me some general advice about my resume and discussed some potential fits with a few of their clients. I was later in regular contact with one of their recruiters who really worked hard to get me opportunities within my desired pay range. She managed to get me an interview for a temporary position, and seemed likely to get me a second, but I ended up accepting a permanent position before the interview took place. Very positive experience though. Would definitely recommend, especially for job seekers that are new to the Portland area.

Interview Questions

• What type of position are you looking for?   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VanderHouwen.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by email first, setup phone interview, asked to come in for in-person interview. After about a week, offered position then came into office to meet with manager and meet other employees.

Everyone was very friendly, caring and professional through the whole process. They answered all the questions I had and made the entire experience a great one. I was very impressed with their service and still am everyday I have contact with them.

They are one of the only staffing agencies that follow up continually to see how you're are doing and want YOU to be happy, and not their pocketbook . I have never seen any other place invest so much into the happiness of their employees. They are respectful and truly care about helping people.

They have a close knit family culture and fun atmosphere. I don't see how anyone could have anything bad to say about VanderHouwen. It's a transparent, honest process from beginning to end.

I am very proud to be a part of this company.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can offer the company?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel you have a good understanding of what this position entails?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult situation you were put in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer I received I was already happy with. I felt it was fair and appropriate for my skill level and position so no negotiation was necessary.

If I was to offer advice, I would say just be honest. The person you are working with will be honest with you about the market at that time and will offer some alternatives if what your asking isn't fair.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VanderHouwen.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter called me and did a screening interview. The first question was if I had interviewed for any companies yet. When I said I hadn't done any yet, he asked to call me back and I never heard from them again.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VanderHouwen.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews: a phone screen, an in-person interview and a group interview. I had to go to Portland for the group interview. In general, it was an average difficulty.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate

Recruiter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VanderHouwen (Portland, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with Technical Recruiter. Phone screen with Recruiting manager. In person panel interview with multiple Technical Recruiters. In person interview with Recruiting Manager and General Manager. In person interview with CEO.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly conversational, asked about background, goals and some situational.   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VanderHouwen (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Two interview process. It began with an in-person interview with the owner of the company followed by a phone interview with the same. I was able to come into the office to meet and greet the internal staff and view the office. The staff greeting was open and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some negotiation was conducted around how commissions were to be paid