Vanguard Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Direct Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

Promotional Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard Direct (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied and interviewed for the promotional inside sales position. First off, AMY (THE HR REP) YOU WERE AMAZING! I met with the ceo, the Coo and the business development manager. Even though I may not have been chosen for the position, (which was disappointing to say the least) management was very professional and it appeared like a great company. Normally I don't post reviews, however I believe giving credit when due. Nonetheless this experience has given me the motivation to start my own promotional product company and I definitely have to thank Vanguard for this motivation!!!!! Nonetheless, it was a positive experience all around! It made me realize I still have a lot to learn in the business.

Interview Questions

• I want to know your thought process, How would you know which product to recommend. Through books? Online? Through a person?   1 Answer

Senior IT Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard Direct.

Interview

Phone screen, then 3 panel interview and no offer

I was applying for an entry level role, 1 year out of college with similar work experience, but fell short. If you don't have a GPA of 3.5 or better they won't even bother despite the type of worker you are. They ask you STAR format questions but what's the point when one of the person on the panel had his phone going off three times throughout it. The people in the organization seem old and stuck on their ways of operation so they outsource a majority of the work to india and use project managers to over see it from the Newark headquarters. Good way to get a job here is to have industry experience or intern prior to applying for the role... It wasn't a complete waste of time, but wasn't all that I had hope it would be. The environment,just seem hostile with cubicles.
    You would expect to grow into an entry level role, but not here.

Interview Questions

• STAR
      Any difficulty with co-workers
      My biggest accomplishments etc   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard Direct (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I had an informal discussion with the creative director, who would go on to be my direct supervisor. After that I was given an editing/proofreading test in order to display my proficiency.

Interview Questions

• What's one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer