Vassar College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2016

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

Applied Online and was Interviewed by a Professor of the corresponding Department I applied to. The meeting took place in a nice environment, which made me feel very comfortable. The Professor/Interviewer himself was also very friendly, making the interview seem more like a conversation which was nice.

Phonathon Caller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vassar College.

Interview

I had to apply online and then I had an interview with the managers. It was not that difficult and I thought the questions were very relevant to the position.

Assistant Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

1 interview, sit down w head coach and other assistant coach. Nothing hard just asked me about my experiences and schedule, whether I knew if I wanted to be a coach for life or just a year

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

While there is an online form to select positions you might be interested in. Being a professor's research assistant requires actually meeting with the professor first and sending an email of interest to them. Important to network and get to know which professors you might want to work with instead of shooting in the dark.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to [insert obscure research/office skill here] ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vassar College in May 2014.

Interview

Just one interview, interviewers were relatively friendly but extremely professional. The first portion of the interview consists of questions related to your resume and personal history and the second portion of the interview has to do more with how you would handle various scenarios. There were two interviewers in the room

Academic Intern Interview

Interview

No interviews are required for this position. Students are selected to become interns after performing well in a particular class.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I posted my application via the https://employment.vassar.edu site for a temporary (6+ month) position as IT Project Manager. Within a couple of days, I was contacted to set up a 30 minutes telephone screening interview, which took place about a week or so after I applied. The CIO and his direct reports all asked questions during the phone interview. About 2 weeks later, I got a phone call informing me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• As IT project manager, how would I handle a situation where a significant phase of a VoIP deployment was delayed due to a failed relationship with the vendor and a new vendor was being brought on board?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself.
      What's your elevator pitch for "project management"?
      Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Interview

What drew you to this position? What other commitments do you have? When are you available?

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vassar College.

Interview

I got an interview at the Junior Year Abroad Program Office. And they explained to me the nature of the job. They offered me housing and a meal plan apart of the 500 dollar monthly stipend. They also took care of every paperwork i had to do to get the visa to work with them and pay for it.
    They looked for someone dynamic and with knowledge of culture.

Interview Questions

• Would you leave your country and come to live in the united states knowing that it will change completely your live?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a fixed offer. They were pretty clear about the conditions of the contract.

Costume Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I sat down with the head of the costume department and discussed the position. The head of the costumes department already knew me, so she wanted to inform me of the duties of the position. She had me in mind for the specific position and wanted to know how I felt about taking on the responsibility.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about coming in early on Saturdays and Sundays in order to work during tech week?   1 Answer