Vassar College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vassar College Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vassar College.

Interview

The interview process was painless. I met with the chair of the department, people who I would work directly with and my future boss. They were able to explain in detail what I would be doing and gave me a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience working the Mac products or just PC?   Answer Question

Student Affairs Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vassar College.

Interview

I was contacted by email for a phone interview with the director of the office I was applying to. I was informed that the process is a phone screen, then a skype interview, then an on campus interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got a call back 3 or 4 weeks later offering me an interview. The interview was on campus the following week. During the interview, I spoke with a panel of members of the department I was interested in working in. It was an hour or so long and consisted of a brief overview of my work experience and education followed by a series of behavioral interview questions. They do request, and check, references. I was offered the job a week or so after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe situations where you had to deal with a difficult coworker, customer, and supervisor and how you handled them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Meet with the Professor and shared interest in what type of research I had previously done or am currently doing with another faculty member. It is more of a relaxed conversation about why you want to do research and not necessarily what you know technically on how to do certain procedures.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this research ? What research do you like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Above all, the professor will want to hear about your coursework and how you engaged with it. Tell them about a project or topic you went above and beyond on. Tell them about your future aspirations and emphasize that you have goals - you just don't have a ladder to get to them.

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

Applied Online and was Interviewed by a Professor of the corresponding Department I applied to. The meeting took place in a nice environment, which made me feel very comfortable. The Professor/Interviewer himself was also very friendly, making the interview seem more like a conversation which was nice.

Phonathon Caller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vassar College.

Interview

I had to apply online and then I had an interview with the managers. It was not that difficult and I thought the questions were very relevant to the position.

Assistant Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

1 interview, sit down w head coach and other assistant coach. Nothing hard just asked me about my experiences and schedule, whether I knew if I wanted to be a coach for life or just a year

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

While there is an online form to select positions you might be interested in. Being a professor's research assistant requires actually meeting with the professor first and sending an email of interest to them. Important to network and get to know which professors you might want to work with instead of shooting in the dark.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to [insert obscure research/office skill here] ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vassar College in May 2014.

Interview

Just one interview, interviewers were relatively friendly but extremely professional. The first portion of the interview consists of questions related to your resume and personal history and the second portion of the interview has to do more with how you would handle various scenarios. There were two interviewers in the room