Vedanta Aluminium Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vedanta Aluminium Limited

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Aluminium Limited.

Interview

On campus job interview. Lasted less than 10 minutes. Was one of the worst interview I had personally given. The interviewing panel was lax and nobody seemed to be caring what answers I gave.

Interview Questions

• None. They were all behavioral in nature.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Aluminium Limited (Ranchi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Few technical on core subjects of interest and then on the project in progress during final year.They ask about flexibility in job location and family background.Also,they were very friendly and the GD was pretty simple and tolerant.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erode (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Aluminium Limited (Erode (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

- I applied through college placement cell for GET Mechanical

- Eligibility
      a. 60% and above in 10th, 12th & UG – with No History arrears.
      b. Must have cleared all the subjects in X, XII and B.E in first attempt.
      c. Candidates should not have any backlog in Engineering at the time of
          interview and at the time of joining.
      d. Not more than 1 year of gap between XII & Engg, No other break in
          regular course of studies is allowed.
      e. Engineers with diploma entry are not eligible.

Placement process involves
    1. Written test (35 questions, 45 minutes)
         (the test seems to be easier, but the nature of questions are time consuming; selecting the proper questions are important; questions from Data interpretation is important)
    Out of 57 candidates 35 got shorlisted.

2. Group discussion ( Topic : Rio Olympics 2016)

GD is conducted as 4 groups; only 3 got rejected

3. Technical cum HR interview

questions from Area of interest ( for me from thermodynamics ,around 7 qns)
    HR questions are simple.

Out of 32, only 19 got selected.

Interview Questions

• laws of thermodynamics, 1 ton of refrigeration, pascals law, etc..,   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Aluminium Limited (Vellore (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

1st Round (Aptitude Test): Relatively easy and can be cracked after a but of practice in quants.
    2nd Round(GD): Very generic topics, just need to pitch in and participate in a cooperative manner and you will be through.
    3rd Round(Technical Interview): Be prepared to answer question related to your field, can be anything.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Aluminium Limited (Ranchi (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

shortlisting on basis of criteria like NO EVER BACK,power -4 to 6, and should have gpa>6.
    60 students were shortlisted.
    aptitude test (35 question in 45 mins)-easy, cutoff was 21(cutoff can change)
    32 got through for GD
    group discussion - swaach bharat abhiyaan - challenges and oppurtunity
    20 cleared for technical+HR(Only 1 interview and they just test ur speaking skill and ask some basic question from ur technical background).
    5 got selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      who is your idol and y?
      And many more simple HR questions.
      what do u mean by leadership quality?
      what is fractional distillation?(only one technical question)
      Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

Interview

The interview had three rounds after a tough and strict criteria for applying. First round was quantitative aptitude, which was an elimination process. Next up was group discussion and then personal interview. The HR and the panel was full of energy and they talked about personal matters as well as technical. Lastly, they question you on your resume, such that they have checked all the aspects of your personality.

Interview Questions

• They started with tell me about yourself, moving on to technical question related to electrical machines, power systems and then about resume.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raurkela (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Aluminium Limited (Raurkela (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

There was an offline aptitude test. Around 50 students from various branches were shortlisted for the GD round. GD topic was "Brain Drain". 4 students from Mechanical Engg. were then selected for the final interview. Only one guy was finally offered the job.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions were asked. Summer Internship was given much attention.
      HR Questions:
      1. Core or Software?
      2. Weakness
      3. How can you contribute to the company?
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Aluminium Limited (Kolkata (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Technical PR is tough , but PI is easy ,...written test moderate to hard, prepare from last year question papers or google some internet details for the company,,,the panel was very easy going and support staff was good

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jharsuguda (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vedanta Aluminium Limited (Jharsuguda (India)).

Interview

Interview process is very simple & easy

Interview Questions

• Contribution to the Organisation   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jharsuguda (India)

Interview

Got selected during campus placement at NIT bhopal
    One written test followed by an interview
    They usually check your enthusiasm to work for them and your consistency in academics