Vedanta Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.8

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (New York, NY).

Interview

First round : Aptitude round , written test, 35 questions in 45 minutes , questions were easy.
    Second round: face to face interview , resume oriented interview , basic technical questions.
    Bt, I would suggest if u r interested in metallurgy field, den only sit fr interview , I also back out in my HR round , it's better to think before.
    Hope this wl help

Interview Questions

Interview

I attended their campus recruitment held in my college. You have to clear three rounds of test before getting a job. First round is aptitude test. If you clear that, you will asked to participate in group discussion. trending topics on sports, economics etc will be given to a group of 8 people and asked to discuss on it. Just if you speak something about the topic, you will be selected. They just test your courage to speak and not on your knowledge on the topic. Finally technical interview. They asked me about my in-plant training.

Interview Questions

• About my in-plant training. They asked to explain about the process involved in the industry.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process took place on campus and the whole process took a day. It started by morning 10.00AM and ended by midnight. There were 3 rounds as given below:
    1.Aptitude test - Basic aptitude
    2.Group discussion - (Our group topic - what would you do if you were the king of the world?)
    3.Technical and HR interview

Interview Questions

• 1. State Bernoullis Theorem
      2. Tell me about yourself
      3. Tell about PLC (as I had certifications on that)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources.

Interview

Hardcore Technical questions were asked, long interview, will ask your area of interests, and will ask from both the below mentioned topics as well as your area of interests. You should be strong in these fields. be confident.

Interview Questions

• For me Questions were asked from these topics:
      Thermal Engineering
      Power-plant
      Manufacturing   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Bhubaneswar (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Aptitude (35ques, 45mins)
    2. GD (1 group of 10, 15mins)
    3. Tech & HR PI (max 15mins per candidate)

(On Campus Recruitment, 20th October,2017. The rounds started pretty much around the stipulated time i.e. around 10:00am.)

Note: We first had our offline aptitude test followed by the preplacement talk by one of the delegates onboard.

Aptitude

2 sets of questions.

35 ques, 45 mins.

Quant, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation & Current Affairs(Gk)

A max of 4 ques from current affairs can be expected(we had 2 ques).

Difficulty- Easy to Average

Group Discussion

Recent topics to be touched.

We had 10 candidates in each GD.

Time -15 mins and 3 mins(at the beginning to assess the ideas about the topic)

They seek candidates with very good communication skills with knowledge on basic GD etiquettes.

Difficulty- Varies as per person based on understanding of subject.

Tech & HR PI

Most important round.

Technical questions mostly based on industrial trainings & internships done and mentioned in the CV/resume.

Mechanical, Civil, Metallurgy and Electrical candidates can expect questions from their branch papers related to processes and systems at Vedanta.

The CV/Resume and portfolio should be well prepared with only vital information and facts one can provide knowledge of.

Communication skills and rapport must be well looked after.

Basic HR questions can be expected.

The interview can last for 15 mins max.(I had it done in an approx of 7–8 mins)

Difficulty- High.

The Call Letter was handed over to the selected candidates.

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Jalandhar, Punjab (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

first test consisting of 35 ques in 45 points then GD then hr +technical interview basic hr ques are asked and tech interview is easy gd topic was electrical cars useful or not

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Dhanbad (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

had written , gd and tr and hr rounds and the whole process took one day to complete
    gd comprised of simple topics and 10 members in each group. and written was from apti di englisha nd current affairs

Interview Questions

• tr- basic questions from Vocational training
      pi - about family background and a random topic of india and china relations   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

First round:
    Pen and paper test
    containing aptitude, 2 questions of GK, English (meaning and sentence completion) and some questions from reasoning

Second Round:

Group discussion (general topics)

Third round:
    HR intrview for (all branches except chemical)
    General questions

Fourth round:
    Technical interview not very strict..

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Dhanbad (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

FIrst an aptitude test. the test is very simple mainly online questions. questions asked, after that a GD and always start in GD that will be good for you in Vedanta they only see if you can start or not, that a mainly technical interview Do prepare manufacturing and production

Interview Questions

• How to extract Aluminium? what is your favourite topic , about college project , vedanta training is preferred very much   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

1. apti 35 que 45 min ,,, among 28 , where selected..........
    2 gd. current topic no elimination but you have to speak
    3 tech interview basic quetion.concept sholud be clear of your branch sub...[10 selected]
    4 hr round 5 min 8 were selected
    just clear aptii.u will be selected