Vedanta Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vedanta Resources Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I attended their campus recruitment held in my college. You have to clear three rounds of test before getting a job. First round is aptitude test. If you clear that, you will asked to participate in group discussion. trending topics on sports, economics etc will be given to a group of 8 people and asked to discuss on it. Just if you speak something about the topic, you will be selected. They just test your courage to speak and not on your knowledge on the topic. Finally technical interview. They asked me about my in-plant training.

Interview Questions

• About my in-plant training. They asked to explain about the process involved in the industry.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process took place on campus and the whole process took a day. It started by morning 10.00AM and ended by midnight. There were 3 rounds as given below:
    1.Aptitude test - Basic aptitude
    2.Group discussion - (Our group topic - what would you do if you were the king of the world?)
    3.Technical and HR interview

Interview Questions

• 1. State Bernoullis Theorem
      2. Tell me about yourself
      3. Tell about PLC (as I had certifications on that)
      Answer Question

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources.

Interview

CV shortlisting with a cutoff CG criteria of 7.5 FOLLOWED by a personal interview.
    Interview panel consisted of 1 HR head and 2 technical heads. They asked few brainteasers also.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on your resume, previous internships and involvement in the campus   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I was placed through campus recruitment. A simple interview by two employees including basic technical questions and few things from the resume. They both were very friendly and offer was made in a couple of hours.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Dhanbad (India)).

Interview

Good! I discussed my background details and how I could be an asset to the company. And came an array of technical questions mainly regarding power systems. They also asked me the reason why I fell short from answering the technical questions correctly.

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Dhanbad (India)).

Interview

Before the interview,we appeared in a written examination(aptitude).the questions were easy and the no. Of questions was 30-35.it was followed by a GD.the topics were
    Role of Ethics
    Women empowerment
    Demonetization
    Etc.
    Then took place the technical interview followed by HR round(final round).

Interview Questions

• In technical round,the questions asked were very basic and related to works of vedanta,especially the aluminum units.(how aluminum is obtained from its ore)few questions were asked related to the project and vocational training/internship.a good focus was also on the CGPA.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Udaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Check the details and find the hard work.long time to work and professional work and this job is desarved.the good language in speak the all members and manufacturing work are good and the high speed to work completed. The find the problem and easy to solution and complete that regularly work

Application

Interview

The selection process had aptitude test, group discussion and interview. I had spoke about the course i had done in automobile technology. So there were few simple questions from that domain and from heat treatment processes. GD topic was demonetisation.

Interview Questions

• What is annealing?
      Why is annealing done?
      What is the function of a flywheel?
      What is the function of governor in automobiles?
      What happens when petrol is added to diesel engine?(As i had spoken about the courses i had done in automobile technology)
      Do you have any location constrains?
      Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silchar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Silchar (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I'm a guy from mechanical engineering, NIT Silchar. There were 3 rounda; apti(no technical questions), GD and PI. Apti was quite easy but the only thing was time management. After clearing apti, they formed groups of 9 people each for GD round. They mark you for your DOs and DON'Ts of the GD and remember to speak with confidence. Around 130 students sat for apti, 72 cleared it for GD and 31 were shortlisted for the final PI.
    PI was quite easy. You just need basic technical knowledge. There was just 1 round (HR+technical). The catch in the PI is to impress them in the HR questions, so prepare accordingly.
    Remember, the give you points after each round. So final selection is based on the total score after apti, GD and PI.

GET (MINING) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Mangalore (India)).

Interview

Vedanta (Sesa Goa) came on 4th of November 2016. They started their ppt at 9. After 45 minutes of ppt the asked mining students to go GD (as there was no written test for them) and rest all students waited there to write the test. In GD 2 groups of 11 n 10 members were there amongst whom they selected 10 members for interview. Interview was of mainly HR type and roughly of 20 minutes for each candidate. They gave their result around 7:30 pm.

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to join Vedanta when coal India is coming ?
      Coal India is paying mo Where do u see urself in next 5 years ?
      What is it favourite subject in mining (I told environmental) ?
      Followed by this they asked tell me use of environmental management in surface mines ? How many types of Mining methods u know in case of surface mine ?
      1 Answer