Vestas Wind Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vestas Wind Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

Leave Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter. Went over resume' and education. Described the position & benefits. Described next steps of the interview process after the telephone interview. Did not receive a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Went over all my experience and skills related to the position.   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Brighton, CO).

Interview

Had a phone interview that went very well. I was told I would be contacted in 2 weeks with a response. After 2 weeks I had not heard back so I called the interviewer. He did not answer my phone call so I left a message. I did this every 2 weeks weeks for the next 5 months and I was never contacted again.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire a new graduate versus an experienced hire?   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Brighton, CO).

Interview

I went through a temp company who had offices on site. They were very accommodating with the interview times, and worked hard to line up both interviews on the same day. They were very good at answering all questions including salary, pto, retirement, and job atmosphere. There is a pre employment assessment test, however it is quite easy for qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• If you have any experience using digital torque wrench.   Answer Question

Service Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Tulsa, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

You will undergo basic turbine interview questions. Try and relate any type of experience to a turbine, such as a car, telecommunications etc. Do your homework. Watch a few videos on basic turbine mechanics. You dont have to be a genius, thats what the initial training is for. Expect a climb test at the end of the interview

Interview Questions

• More advanced questions they will ask is more towards the electrical side. they will ask you to explain AC and DC theory. They will also ask you what type of electricity is inside a basic wall outlet.   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Castle Rock, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick description of my experience background. Describing what I did, what I liked and what I disliked in each job. Then followed some scenario questions, highlighting my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you have to meet a production deadline, but the crane that you need is in disrepair. What do you do?   1 Answer

Wind Turbine Technician Interview

Interview

Stressed importance of safety in work site. Explained job expectation. Interviewer was very down to earth and made it more of a discussion then an interview. Discussed previous jobs and duties.

Production Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems.

Interview

Simple questions about teamwork and completing tasks and projects. A lot of the questions weren't really related to the actual job responsibilities. The job is manual labor and consists of following simple instruction. The job isn't overly difficult and the pay is decent for the job performed.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Three managers utilize a preset series of questions that did and did not have anything to do with the position. They contained the usual set of predictable questions like: Where do you see yourself in 5 years... One manager was so preoccupied taking notes that he never made eye contact. He was so arrogant that I had to ask him to introduce himself since he walked in and immediately started asking his list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Were do you see yourself in 5 years??? Among other pre-conceived list of questions.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Brighton, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I was initially screened/interviewed by a jobs recruiter. Upon succeeding within the recruiter screening interview, I then participated in a 40 minute phone interview with one of the Vestas Operations Managers, and was invited for a 2.5 hour face-to-face interview and facility tour with the Operations Manager.

Interview Questions

• Primarily focused on previous personnel coaching/counseling style/interactions, and around my extensive background in Lean Manufacturing Methodology.   1 Answer

Wind Turbine Service Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems.

Interview

They will ask you if you know what PLC stands for. They will ask about different electrical components and your SCADA knowledge. Also suggest you know about the company because they will ask what you know about them. They are notorious for dragging their feet about having anyone fro HR contact you.