Victor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Victor Interview Questions

2.8

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Victor (Marysville, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called within a day of submitting my resume and application online. The first interview was with panel of three followed by a second interview with another panel of three. The questions were extensive, yet somewhat standard. The interviewers were pleasant and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an unpleasant co-worker.   1 Answer

Bookkeeper Interview

Interview

Difficult asked personal questions. Many of the duties that were explained to me during the interview process never actually became my duties. I was doing additional work that was not addressed in the interview by the supervisors.

Residential Counselor Interview

Interview

Applied online hired within 2 weeks. Interviewed then asked if interested in observing one of the youth residences. Able to monitor at a regular time of day while talking with a house supervisor. Invited back for a second interview and offered a job

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victor (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

Called me into the office to speak about the job. They told me what a residential counselor did and practiced a one-person standing restraint. They had me do an observation at a residential house, which was completely MONITORED. The house manager filled out a paper after I left saying whether or not they would hire me. This was never mentioned to me, and I never saw the paper.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done a physical restraint on a child?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was absolutely no negotiation. Since the counselors are "caretakers," the company is legally allowed to make them work 14-hour shifts with no overtime in that day, like other jobs. They also don't have any negotiations for pay - depending on your level of education, they enter your experience into a formula and pay you between $10-13 starting.

Office Manager/Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Victor (Redding, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a panel interview in which they described a job that was very different from what I actually encountered. I ended up being a glorified benefits administrator and this NOT what I expected and not how the job was explained to me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on Leave of Absence matters?   1 Answer

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victor (Victorville, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Victor Community Support Services is a non profit organization. I applied to the Victorville office that supports the High Desert surrounding areas. The interview process was a lengthy process. It took the company weeks to contact me for an interview after applying to the company online. I had to keep calling the office to check on the status of my application. Once I was schedule for the interview, unknowingly I interviewed with two supervisors. I was asked to give specifics of the different interventions I have used in the past with clients and some of the hardships faced with clients. The who process of the interview took nearly an hour if not more. From the start point of the interview one supervisor already looked as if she was not interested in me. Since I know someone who already works for the company, I was told that they usually hire in-house. So for various reasons, I somewhat believe that I may not did not get a fair shot at the position. Besides that, This company is a very good company and based upon some of my resources, this is a good company that will allow you to gain good experience within the Mental Health field.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions asked during the interview included: theoretical orientation, interventions used previously, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, what are your short term goals, what do you hope to get out of this company if hired, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Victor (Redding, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted no more than one week later for my initial group interview. The group interview involved 12 other applicants. The interviewer was very personable, friendly and enthusiastic. He made the interview quite fun. We did role-playing and talked a lot about the services and expectations of the agency. After that interview he took me aside to tell me he was sure that he'd be seeing me again soon. I was called back for a one on one interview, which was much more relaxed. I got to ask any questions I had about the position. The interviewer seemed pleased with my enthusiasm and excitement for the job, though I expressed some anxiety about the difficulty of the physical aspects of the job which included having to potentially restrain children if necessary. After that interview was complete I had to pass a drug screen, fingerprinting, back ground check and physical exam. My driving record was also looked at. I was hired about one month after the initial group interview.

Interview Questions

• This job involved working with severely emotionally disturbed youth. The interviewer did a role-play with me, he was being the teenager who lived in one of the agency's group homes and I was going to be myself (group home staff). He leaned very close to me, put his hand on my leg and said 'So do you have a boyfriend?' He wanted to see how I would respond to such behavior.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the offer was for a position as a residential counselor working in a home of severely emotionally disturbed youth.

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victor (Stockton, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Panel; behavioral and experiential questions. Opportunity to tour the facility and meet with another provider. Standard application. Did check references which was a plus, as many agencies don't bother. Helpful staff at front desk. A different applicant popped up with a DMV record and was not hired as a result for a line staff position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor. What did you do, and what would you do differently today.   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Victor in January 2010.

Interview

First you submit a resume or an application, then if they are interested you are invited for an orientation where they explain in detail the residential program's purpose and values. Then if you are still interested and HR thinks you will be a good fit you are invited for an interview with upper management, and asked to fill out a questioner about what specific value words mean to you. Then you are invited back for a second interview with another upper management staff if the first interview goes well. If you are offered the job, you then must go through a 7 day paid training, and if the trainer and you think you are right for the position you will be kept on the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about cleaning up others' bodily fluids?   Answer Question