Villanova University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Villanova University Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Villanova University in April 2016.

Interview

The job description was posted on the university's human resources website, and the only unusual required document was a statement of contribution to the university's mission. The interview itself was fairly straightforward, with the chair of the department and two faculty members participating. They were all very kind and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach an intermediate-level course in this department?   Answer Question
    • How would you teach an advanced course in this department?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Villanova University.

Interview

4 round interview process. I applied online and was called in to do first round of interviews. Everyone i met with was very nice. The questions were fair and I enjoyed the process. Each interview asked different sets of questions, beyond the normal background information about myself.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villanova, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Villanova University (Villanova, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by on campus interview similar to faculty. Spent the day on campus meeting faculty, dean and lunch with students. Gave a research talk to faculty and students. Overall one day on campus and heard back very quickly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Villanova University.

Interview

It was totally based on our grades (Min of 3 GPA) and our skill set. I was tested majorly in web technologies like html, css, javascript, jquery and one of the powerful CMS.

Patrol Officer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Villanova University.

Interview

After applying several times over the course of about two years (Note: I exceed the experience & education requirements) I was eventually contacted by telephone and offered the opportunity to come in for an interview. Before the interview you are required to sign a nondisclosure agreement regarding the interview process/questions; I guess they do not want people to know about their impractical hiring process. The interview process consisted strictly of about 6-8 situational questions with a panel of 3-4 supervisors. The questions were ridiculous and slightly unrelated to the position. I have had many interviews in the past but never one like this. I was not asked any normal interview questions. All in all, the interview lasted ten minutes at best, and upon conclusion I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions. I was told that I would be contacted with a decision within two weeks good or bad. However, I did not hear back from Villanova until about two months later via email.

Interview Questions

• Situational Question: It's 7:30am and you have to be to work at 8am. Prior to arriving at work you have to: stop at the cleaners, get gas, fix a flat on your car, make breakfast for your family, and call your insurance company regarding home renovations. Describe in detail what order you would complete the given task and why.   1 Answer

Major Gift Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villanova, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Villanova University (Villanova, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took forever. I had 11 interviews or conversations. There wasn't much clarity to how long the whole process was going to take or why it was important to talk to certain people. They were flexible on dates to come in and interview.

UNIT Support Interview

Interview

Written Test and Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its fixed salary

Campus Ministry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villanova, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Villanova University (Villanova, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Skype or on-campus option for interview. Relaxed and enjoyable. They want to know what kind of experience you have with students and want to get a feel for how you will minister to them. They also want to know how well you work on a team. What is your understanding of faith? Do you have experience with retreats or service opportunities? How do you envision yourself balancing work life and personal life? What do you do in times of stress?

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villanova, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Villanova University (Villanova, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Dining services jobs are provided to current students and outside employees. I applied as a student and hence had no interviews. Jobs are provided on a rolling basis till hours run out. It is imperative that you reach the dining services office as soon as the semester begins to secure the hours you want along with the locations you want to work at.

Building Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Villanova University in December 2012.

Interview

Very informal and simple, since the job requires very little experience. Really, they just look for on time, responsible, motivated young adults. Some questions were asked as to why I was applying, ,and if I thought I would do a good job. Just need to go talk to the building supervisor, rather than set up an interview schedule