Vincennes University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vincennes University

Professional Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vincennes University (Jasper, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very friendly and casual, more of a formality than an actual interview since she had already decided to hire me. We had a conversation about my schedule, the hours, the pay, the dress code, the duties, and the online training. She gave me a tour of the building and introduced me to several other people on campus. She gave me a bunch of paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vincennes University in July 2014.

Interview

Skype interview. Asked many questions about background. Had to prepare and present a circuit analysis teaching segment. Used skills from online teaching, as well as a well lit home studio to do well over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Teach a small segment on circuit analysis   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for your raise upfront.

Secretary I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Branch, IN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vincennes University (Fort Branch, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 interviewing me for this position.. The questions were not as expected. They were more position-specific than I had suspected (not simply 'tell me about yourself and why you would be a good fit').

Interview Questions

• If you needed to schedule a meeting for area businesses with the university (you have to take care of all the aspects of the meeting), how would you do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation considered even when I had another offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vincennes University in June 2009.

Interview

Received phone call following online submission of application. Scheduled interview for the following week. Was interviewed in a panel setting, with standard and predictable interview questions. Interviewing group consisted of person that would be direct supervisor, potential colleague, and departmental head, all women. Seemed as if it would be an amiable work environment.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult or unexpected. Since I have to fill in this blank, I would say that a question regarding conflicting priorities and deadlines.   Answer Question