Virginia Beach Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Virginia Beach

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (United States) in Aug 2020

Interview

Applied on the website. first a random call with the manager out of nowhere without any prior scheduling after about 15 days of application. Then schedule a group interview with 5 people after 20-25 days. Didn't hear back from them for almost 6 weeks. Kept asking for an update but they kept saying results will be out next week. Finally, after 6 weeks after asking them 3 times, they sent a mail saying hired someone else and they accepted the offer. Very unprofessional, unresponsive. They do not respect candidate's time and efforts

Interview Questions
  • Experience with GPS, ArcGIS, model builder and few other tools. How do you handle repetitive tasks.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (United States)

Interview

The interview process at the City of Virginia Beach is moves very slow to call anyone for an interview. A candidate has to do a phone interview and if they get pass that have to do an panel interview .

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2019

Interview

Got an interview for 3 pm. Was on a two person panel interview , barely looked up due to reading questions off of a sheet . They do give a copy to you to read along. Stated the background check process takes up to a month and a half. Stated there was a high turn over rate. Lasted about 35 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What is case management competencies ? What is your experience with documenting under licensure/DMAS standards?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Applied online...phone interview...face-to-face panel interview conducted. They interviewed on a Saturday during their job fair. It was very disorganized, but the weekend interview worked well for me. They have a lot of vacancies right now & another job fair scheduled for next Saturday. They give you all the interview questions to read over while you wait to be interviewed. **UPDATE: After going through all of that disorganization, I received 2 emails: 1 that said I wasn't selected for this position and another 1 that said I was on an Eligibility List for the position. When I ask HR what that means, I am told that they may not have been given permission to fill the positions or something. There is no clear cut answer. So, I am sitting here in limbo wondering what happened and why they wasted my time worrying me to death to come to that hiring fair for no reason. I am extremely disappointed. I will be on that eligibility list thru Feb. 2019.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in Aug 2018

Interview

I applied online. About a week later received a phone call to set up an interview. I interviewed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court and her assistant. It was a pretty standard and straightforward interview. A day later I received a verbal offer over the phone. The starting salary was lower than expected and being a budgeted position, they were unable to negotiate. I ended up not taking the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in Jun 2018

Interview

I was told ahead of time that I would need to present a 10 minute presentation, 50 minutes interview with 4-6 people. I was not told that there would be a 45 minute written planning session.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions were provided ahead of time if you arrived 15 minutes early.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (United States) in Mar 2018

Interview

Panel interview and lots of education "how would you manage" questions. Good diversity in the panel and questions about student interactions and managing relationships about the school and other teachers

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA)

Interview

IT dept called to schedule an in person interview. Panel interview for an hour. Was told should hear a decision in 2-3 weeks. No response but online profile says no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (United States) in Feb 2017

Interview

I was asked about 9 questions, mostly job specifics. I was interview twice for the same position, which led me to believe they already had someone else in mind. It was a waste of my time, wouldn't apply again at this place .

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me a time you had to deal with when an employee falls asleep at work?

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA)

Interview

Fill out and submit the application, go in to take a test and interview, take a polygraph test, a psych evaluation, physical, conditional offer of employment, training academy, on the job training and released to the operations floor.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work as a Public Safety Emergency Telecommunicator?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews