Virginia Beach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Beach Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

3.3

HR analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia Beach in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked about 9 questions, mostly job specifics. I was interview twice for the same position, which led me to believe they already had someone else in mind. It was a waste of my time, wouldn't apply again at this place .

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time you had to deal with when an employee falls asleep at work?   Answer Question

Public Safety Emergency Telecommunicator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Fill out and submit the application, go in to take a test and interview, take a polygraph test, a psych evaluation, physical, conditional offer of employment, training academy, on the job training and released to the operations floor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a Public Safety Emergency Telecommunicator?   1 Answer

Library Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was ok, just do not see the purpose when all the majority of people hired are relatives of people already in the library system. They will bypass people with years of experience just to get someone's family member in there with no experience.

Special Needs Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with two supervisors who asked many questions about my experience, my understanding of special needs individuals and about how I would handle specific situations. I had to write one essay from a choice of a few topics

Museum Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The time it took to get a call for an interview was about 2 months. I was interviewed by several museum department directors. The questions were fairly typical of an interview (describe various work place scenarios, discuss your professional/academic achievements, etc.). It did take some time to hear back about the position (due to interview process taking longer than anyone expected) but they did keep me informed and returned my follow up phone call immediately. Everyone treated me with professional courtesy and made me feel like I would really be able to contribute to the department. I was very impressed!

Interview Questions

• Describing an object as you would during a lecture/tour on the spot.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Hard to prepare for this interview....... Just know the job- KSA's!!! and be able to discuss them fluently

Interview Questions

• Explain the Virginia Child Welfare Model as it relates to position..... If you are not familiar with the model you will not have this answer. Workers with years of experience do not know the ends and outs of the model   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

I filled out a state app and about a week and a half later I got a call asking if I was still interested in the position. The interview was a panel interview. They asked questions about HIPPA and asked how I would handle certain patients when they are irate. Then I was walked around the clinic and asked to take a simple skills assessment test. The test had a few simple math problems and ask to draft a collections letter for a past due account, and a question about insurance.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was set up as a Panel Interview. Four individuals took turns asking approximately 8 questions. Then I was asked to answer an essay question in writing. I was offered the opportunity to ask questions as well. Some questions were position specific others were general. I was given ample time to answer and everyone was polite and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you utilize Management?
      Name a time you had to work with others with conflicting values.   Answer Question

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

5 panel interview, a person from HR attended.The questions are written beforehand and everyone on the panel scores the answers. Make sure you review terminology for municipalities, maps, and know Virginia Beach in general pretty well before your interview. Try to practice with a panel, because it is very different from a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Common decision making scenarios, map-reading questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2008.

Interview

Went through three interview, the first two one on one, the last a round table interview with nine participants. The round table interview lasted over an hour and revealed that the nine participants all head different agendas and different expectations for the new hire.

Interview Questions

• A question that was directly related to one of the departments sitting in on the round table interview. I had no knowledge of that department's responsibilities and was unable to answer the question.   1 Answer