Virginia State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2018

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Virginia State University

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Virginia State University

Found 4 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petersburg, VA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia State University (Petersburg, VA) in May 2018

Interview

I received a phone call three weeks after I applied to schedule an interview. I don’t think the person that set up my interview was the actual recruiter. I am glad that I read through the experiences of others (on here) because she didn’t mention anything about a panel interview on the phone or in the email confirmation that she sent me. I emailed her back and she confirmed that there would be a panel. I was surprised that she didn’t tell me because most recruiters (in my experience) try to prepare candidates for the interview as much as possible. I tried to get more information from her – like how many people would make up the panel – but she said she didn’t know. I wanted to make sure I brought enough copies of my resume and had an appropriate amount of questions ready. She told me that they already had my resume because it was attached to my submitted application. Fair enough. The interview was scheduled a week later. I was handed a sheet of interview questions and had a few minutes to look over them before I was escorted into the conference room to meet the panel (which consisted of three people). I brought one copy of my resume for myself to reference during the interview, but I was immediately asked by one of the panel members for a copy of my resume. As you can imagine, I was completely caught off-guard because of what the “recruiter” had told me earlier. I was annoyed, but it wasn’t the end of the world. The interview lasted an hour. I was asked a combination of behavioral (tell me about a time when…) and technical (what is your experience with…) questions. The end of the interview was rushed. I was only able to ask two questions because there was another candidate waiting to be interviewed after me. It’s been almost nine weeks since my interview. I contacted the individual that set up my interview for an update, but I was forwarded to someone else – who I believe to be the actual recruiter. I haven’t heard anything from her. It’s completely unprofessional and unacceptable to not respond to candidates – especially to those that have interviewed on campus. I’ve interviewed at other organizations with way more applicants and haven’t received the cold shoulder like this.

Interview Questions
  • What is the certification that a disposal vendor should have?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia State University (New York, NY) in Dec 2016

Interview

Phone interview. Consisted of 3 interviewers in the panel. Asked only technical questions. It lasted for jut 20 mins. 6 questions were asked regarding the my experience and background and technical details.

Interview Questions
  • Brief description of your past studies
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia State University (United States) in Jan 2016

Interview

Interview went well. Panel interview. Everyone was nice from when I checked in at the front desk until the walk out by the Director at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Petersburg, VA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia State University (Petersburg, VA) in Jun 2012

Interview

1:1 interview in a office setting where I sat down in front of the Asset Manager's desk and they requested my resume and I provided them with it and the proceeded to review it. Then asked me a series of questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do I have in IT? Am I organized? What operating systems am I familiar with?
  • Am I organized?
  • What operating systems am I familiar with?