Virginia Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Tech Interview Questions

Interviews at Virginia Tech

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Tech.

Interview

Phone interview involved a straightforward run-through your resume. Then an in-person interview with the team. Very friendly people with simple questions trying to understand your skill-set and determining if both are a good fit for each other

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about so-and-so project.   1 Answer

Audiovisual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA).

Interview

A general skills phone interview was followed by an in person interview. I described my experience and how I thought I would be a good fit. I was asked about my experience with computer and audiovisual technology and how to troubleshoot AV systems. Another important interview area was interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• Connect a laptop, Blu-Ray Player, document camera, and projector to a Crestron control system.   Answer Question

Lab Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very professional, was interviewed by three people. The committee was kind, friendly, and provided a tour. Interview took approximately an hour. Informative of skills would need to have previously acquired.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Tech.

Interview

Very descriptive initial email and prompt response. Post interview took several weeks to hear back though

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you most and least value in a supervisor.   Answer Question

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Virginia Tech (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was pretty standard interview that allowed me to get a full understanding of the company. I hope that in the future the company continues to do this as well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

The overall hiring process was smooth. I had an in-office interview with two staff members and a week later was given an offer for the job. The interview consisted of a fairly lengthy list of questions but nothing too difficult to answer.

Intern Interview

Interview

Easy and Friendly. Dress in Business attire and the Virginia Tech Carer Service Center is Also able to help prep you before your actual interview via appointment or walk in

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Tech.

Interview

Applied online through school website, and got a phone interview within a few days, pretty average interview, friendly and casual conversation before questions about troubleshooting technology and helping students and faculty/staff

Interview Questions

• How would you go about troubleshooting internet problems?   Answer Question

Administrative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Difficult to interview on the phone with an interview panel. On-site interview was challenging. Good format with introduction to supervisor and exit interview with supervisor. The time delay between applying and being selected to interview was WAYYY to long.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Relocation to difficult.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the professor leading the research, and we discussed his goals, and how I might help contribute. The position was focused on computational modeling, so we discussed my background in programming in languages like Python and R.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in programming outside of MATLAB.   1 Answer