Virginia Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Tech Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2018

2.7

GTA Interview

Interview

It depends on the department you are working with.It could be really hard or too easy. For me it was really easy to get in but kinda hard to survive. But i Loved it

Interview Questions

• How many first author papers do you have?   1 Answer

Lab Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very professional, was interviewed by three people. The committee was kind, friendly, and provided a tour. Interview took approximately an hour. Informative of skills would need to have previously acquired.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Found job online. Applied online. No phone interview as it went straight to in-person. It was a panel of at least 6 people interviewing me alone. They asked 15 questions that were basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your top three weaknesses and top three strengths?   1 Answer

Interview

I did not have any interview for the job. I was offered the graduate research or teaching assistantship when I was offered admission. I am not sure whether they need any interview in general or not.

Undisclosed Interview

Interview

The interview process was like any interview. They were asking questions, I was answering. Things were smooth while we talk about the technical side, but got wild as we started talking about the "attracting more money" side.

Interview Questions

• Who were my Program Officers / Program Directors at DoD/NSF/NIH?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virginia Tech.

Interview

It was a short and easy interview as my professor got funded for a project similar to my research. I got the offer on the spot. Every 6 months, your performance will be reviewed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virginia Tech.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied for the position, was interview a couple weeks later and was notified a couple weeks after that.The process could have been faster but there were some complications with decisions and such

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Tech.

Interview

Applied online through school website, and got a phone interview within a few days, pretty average interview, friendly and casual conversation before questions about troubleshooting technology and helping students and faculty/staff

Interview Questions

• How would you go about troubleshooting internet problems?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Talk to professor, who mainly checks interest and gpa and prior project experience. I had a good GPA, some internship experience, and also wrote a cover letter on my passion for the field.

Interview Questions

• no questions. Only review of resume   1 Answer

Production Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty simple if you are a student and it did not take much to get hired. As long as you have the proper documentation, you will probably be hired.