Virginia Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Virginia Tech Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Interview

I did not have any interview for the job. I was offered the graduate research or teaching assistantship when I was offered admission. I am not sure whether they need any interview in general or not.

Undisclosed Interview

Interview

The interview process was like any interview. They were asking questions, I was answering. Things were smooth while we talk about the technical side, but got wild as we started talking about the "attracting more money" side.

Interview Questions

• Who were my Program Officers / Program Directors at DoD/NSF/NIH?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virginia Tech.

Interview

It was a short and easy interview as my professor got funded for a project similar to my research. I got the offer on the spot. Every 6 months, your performance will be reviewed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virginia Tech.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied for the position, was interview a couple weeks later and was notified a couple weeks after that.The process could have been faster but there were some complications with decisions and such

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Tech.

Interview

Applied online through school website, and got a phone interview within a few days, pretty average interview, friendly and casual conversation before questions about troubleshooting technology and helping students and faculty/staff

Interview Questions

• How would you go about troubleshooting internet problems?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Talk to professor, who mainly checks interest and gpa and prior project experience. I had a good GPA, some internship experience, and also wrote a cover letter on my passion for the field.

Interview Questions

• no questions. Only review of resume   1 Answer

Production Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty simple if you are a student and it did not take much to get hired. As long as you have the proper documentation, you will probably be hired.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

You answer 4 questions in an online interview. You then participate in an individual interview which takes between 30-60 minutes. If you make it past the individual interview stage, you go to the group interview stage where you are with 7 other candidates. After the group stage, candidates are offered positions as a resident advisor.

Interview Questions

• What do you want your legacy to be as a Resident Advisor?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA).

Interview

15 minutes Phone interview followed by an hour onsite interview. There was a 4 member panel. Couple of technical questions and general questions on challenges, strengths and weaknesses, expectations. it was a relaxing environment and they explained benefits and the project i would be working on.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

They contacted me for an in person email one day after i applied. They were quite flexible on letting me come in a week later after my midterms were done because they understood how stressful it can get. I came in and we talked about my classes and then got into the interview. The interview itself was very laid back and I felt comfortable talking to them.