Vista Projects Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vista Projects Interview Questions

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vista Projects

Senior Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vista Projects (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Three stage process. First was a fairly standard phone interview with an HR person, so no discipline specific questions. If you make it past that you get an email with a link to an online survey page. There you're directed to download, complete and submit a word document that has 5 design and 5 drafting questions in it. In the phone interview they did mention a test as the second phase, it must be passed and submitted within an hour of downloading it. When asked if any other software was needed to answer the questions, I got told no but found a couple that were helpful in completing the questions quickly. You're told navigating away from the web page or going over an hour results in disqualification, though I've talked to others that got a different story on taking more time. They use the same test for multiple levels (intermediate and senior that I know of) and one thing that threw me is thinking a question couldn't be as simple as it seemed due to the level I was applying for. You don't get a confirmation email from the website once you submit, or anything from HR. There's no timer on the website so if you do follow the time limit, you're going to be constantly worrying about that. They don't give you an idea of when you'll be hearing back from them if you were chosen to do the third stage, in-person interview.

Big concern that was pointed out to me after, all this is done at home. How do they know who is really taking this test online? They'd be better off to have folks come in and write it in the office. Controls who does it and is more likely to allow for questions to be able to be asked. My only contact was an HR person. If I wanted to clarify what I though the question was asking for, I doubt they could answer.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability, asked about work experience and 'tell me about yourself'.   Answer Question

Internq Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vista Projects.

Interview

Interview was conducted over the phone. They were friendly and offered the position right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I accepted the offer As is