Vubiquity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vubiquity

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vubiquity (Sherman Oaks, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

There was a phone screening process done by HR - to make sure all the qualification "boxes" were checked before moving through the process. I was contacted for an in-person interview for the following week. The interview was with the director of the department and the supervisor. Since it was a creative position, I was asked for a work sample.

Interview Questions

• I was mainly asked about my experience and what I knew about what the company actually does.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview that was very quick. The lady that called me was nice but she kept asking me about my experience and why I wanted to pick their company and the job position.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vubiquity (Sherman Oaks, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

team interview and presentation. Knowing folks already at the company gives you an advantage. Look the company up on LinkedIn and reach out to your network to inquire if anyone has a pulse on what's happening there. Put on your best smile, read a few trade magazines and study your cable company's VOD UI to prepare.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more!

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vubiquity (Burbank, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I have 3 phone interviews prior to an all day face to face. One with HR and the other two with VP level people. All went very well so they scheduled the in-person interview for the following week.

The interview was scheduled to start at 9:30am and they're located in Burbank, about 2 hours drive at that time of the day. I arrived about 15 minutes early and was prepared for a busy day. I was scheduled to meet with 7 different people. I thought the first 3 interviews went very well. I then met with the EVP, who I had met before and had a good impression. Then it was lunch time and I was told I was on my own for the next hour. That didn't leave me with a great impression. Came back an hour later and 3 more interviews, with the last one going way overtime. I left feeling really good and believing that I nailed it.

Interview Questions

• Not a lot of technical questions which surprised me. After getting a rejection email I noticed that to job I was interviewing for was no longer posted on their website. In fact all but one of the dozens that were posted the week before were gone. The company did get acquired the week before so maybe that had something to do with the non-offer. I wish I hadn't wasted my time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vubiquity in April 2016.

Interview

This was probably the worst interview I've ever sat through. The lady on the phone was abrasive, cold, and rude from the start. Oh and she called me 15 mins late. She asked me normal questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "What do you do at your current job?" etc etc. I began to briefly talk about the industry I currently work in but she cut me off and said, "Um... that's not what we do here. Do you even know what you're applying for?" Um... can you let me finish speaking?

Anonymous Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vubiquity (Burbank, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty drawn out interview process (over 2 months). Had multiple in person and phone interviews with 6 people that I believed went really well. I received a lot of positive feedback, and interviewers seemed to love my background and extensive experience for the position. Follow up emails always went unanswered and I never received a rejection email. The company gives off an unprofessional and disorganized vibe. They admitted they were very short staffed, and needed help ASAP, but still have yet to hire for the said position (4 months later).

Metadata Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Vubiquity (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was fun. You have an advantage in the interview if you are funny and capable. That was why they hired me; I was easy to work with and quick to laugh and smile.

Interview Questions

• They asked about metadata. I researched what a metadata coordinator was, so I had an advantage.   Answer Question

Media Asset Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vubiquity (Burbank, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a two hour interview, met with different people. The first group was strangely adversarial, they saw that I had movie studio experience on my resume so they decided to “put me in my place” by being very dismissive. Keep in mind, I don’t boast about my industry experience - if anything I point out how stressful and non-glamorous it is to work at a major studio. But nope, the first group felt compelled to “cut me down to size.” Eventually at one point they gave me a metadata test. They told me I had 20 minutes to finish it. It was pretty easy, I took my time. But surprise - the next thing that happened was the interviewer burst into the room after only 10 minutes and told me the time was up! I hadn’t finished because they told me I had 20 minutes. Long story short: they simply lied to me, it was some kind of weird head game.

Later I met with another group interviewers. They were not as condescending. That interview went better. Anyway, here’s the punchline to all this: The next day they offered me the job. This was on a Tuesday. They told me they were still working on setting up a work station for me, etc., so they would call back later to till me my exact start date. Friday of that week they called and said “we change our mind about the job offer, we are going to promote from within.” The end. I didn’t get the job even though they told me I was hired. Not cool to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Metadata test, they told me I had 20 minutes to finish, then they interrupted me after only 10 minutes and said "time's up."   Answer Question

Content Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vubiquity (Burbank, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The HR department was able to set up an interview in a short period of time. The interview was very casual and brief. The interviewer was very kind and did most of the speaking, but was also very attentive to my answers. The interviewer explained the role and potential opportunities for growth as the team would grow.

Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vubiquity.

Interview

Had an employee referral so the interview process was simple and they just wanted to verify your experience and see how you communicate. The interviewer went through a list of basic interview questions and this was all through the phone. They wanted to verify how you like to work and why you would be a good fit at the company.