WET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WET Interview Questions

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WET in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter, a senior manager and the director. Asked about my background. Then I did a skill test. Since this position is urgent, I got the offer. It is easy for me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WET.

Interview

Was asked how comfortable I fell dealing with clients and dealing with clients on phones. Was asked if I had any previous sales experience and if I had any record of any sales achievements at my previous sales position. Was asked many questions regarding my resume (make sure you know your resume!).

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain a situation where I worked with a team and something did not go well and how I was able to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WET (Sun Valley, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Went through resume with recruiter - talked about history - what i was looking for in the job - why did i want to leave current job

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years - with or without the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what I expected for the role, I shared, they countered with just a small amount under what I asked for.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WET (Sun Valley, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

There were several interviews that took place over the course of three weeks, as well as several writing assignments. Great communication was kept with the head of HR through email and phone; then was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were fairly reasonable and related to the positions requirements. I was lucky in that aspect that nothing was from left field.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WET (Sun Valley, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Over done. Way to complicated for the simple position I have. Questions were asked by non technical people and were not relevent. Some questions came from a screaming HR manager

Negotiation

None

Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at WET (Sun Valley, CA).

Interview

I went through a 2 step process. First I met with my would be boss and discussed the opportunity. During the 2 hours, I began to fall in love, and by the end of the conversation, I was ready to say "I do". Second, I met with the Team, and for me, the deal was sealed. I immediately felt a warmth from the environment and this put me at ease. I almost felt like an honored guest that was invited over for an intimate dinner and cocktails, and received the "red carpet" treatment. During my interviews, I was also introduced to other employers and what impressed me the most is the friendly disposition everyone had and their huge smiles. Finally, the tour sent me over the top. If you drive by the building, one would never know the magic that takes place here... come for a tour and your will never want to leave!

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of anything that stumped or derailed me.... The level of passion and commitment that I had to join WET was so high, that it was not going to matter anyways. I knew that WET was my final career-destination and all I had to do is pass along this sensation/ emotion to anyone/everyone that I met with and burn them with my desire. Also, the fact that I had the right skills and character needed for the job, did not hurt either!   1 Answer

Negotiation

5 minutes. They knew what I was worth and I did not have to "toot" my horn too much!

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WET (Sun Valley, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I sent a resume in, along with my portfolio (which is common for designers but rare for engineers). I think the portfolio really help in the initial HR screening. I was then called by their recruiter, who asked me some details about projects. He then let me know that he would like me to come in for an interview, and that I was to give a 20 minute presentation during my interview regarding a technical product I had developed. The people are here are VERY competent, and would ask questions like "why did you choose that SHPS instead of ABS? ". So- I think that the are pretty good at smelling through BS. Also- be use to a busy environment (people interrupting the interview process). If you get really bent out of shape with someone leaving the presentation for a moment, you may struggle. I took a SolidWorks test. That wasn't much of a problem, since I use to teach it. Then they took me on tour.... HOLY CRAP! It was awesome. First- the work environment is very open, modern and designer friendly. If you are a tinkerer- this is the place for you. Open access to lots of high-end tools. If you are an engineer working in manufacturing, you will really appreciate the diversity of people working here. If you are an engineer working in design, you will LOVE that they do lots of manufacturing on-site (laser cutters, injection molding, welding, CNC machining, etc...).

They are very quick to respond (they aren't interviewing a bunch of people for 1 position- they are seeing if you will be fit... if you are- they will let you know and make you an offer quickly).

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a material I would use for a long-term underwater application. In hindsight (and considering their industry), I should I've studied that info before I went in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I've never been much of a negotiator. All I would recommend is to look at the fringe benefits (on-site gym & trainer, US manufacturing, work environment, etc...). I've found I always have about the same amount of $ in my bank account no matter what my salary is. They are paying me a fair rate.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WET.

Interview

A few of the senior engineers and one of the senior managers attended a presentation I gave. The owner of the company also dropped in, and later gave me a tour of the company. Be sure to ask them tough questions about what it is like to work there: company culture, company business model and financial management, employee satisfaction, employee turnover, average tenure of employees in your department with a similar title, and things that you have read about the company in the reviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very straight forward. There was nothing unexpected or that wasn't about something on my resume or presentation that I gave.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If they want you and if the owner thinks that you are smart, they will definitely negotiate. Unfortunately they only have one knob to turn during the negotiations: salary.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WET (Sun Valley, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was very well organized.
    I got a tour of the facilities and met with not only the manager but also my peers.
    The recruiter was very helpful and knowledgable about the job requirements and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about my background.   1 Answer

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WET.

Interview

I applied through indeed. HR called about two to three days later to have a general phone interview w/ him. Right at the end of the phone interview, I got invited in for first office interview. Process was really smooth. I got e-mail invitation from him & kind guidance for the interview. On the interview day, first thing, I noticed was smile from first team members & warm greeting from HR.
    I gave a presentation about myself to design manager and HR. And later one of the CEOs joined for work sample reviews. As a international, interview is not my favorite thing. So you can guess how uncomfortable I was at the interview. I think HR person noticed how much I was tense. After the interview, HR took me back to DG building where I parked, and gave me kind smile, and explained a general interview process at WET. On the following Monday, I got a call from him for the second interview request w/ Mark Fuller, the owner. Before the interview w/ him, design manager gave me a tour on the major facilities, and explain more detailed daily job info. The interview w/ Mark was short. It was not more than 20-30 minutes. I was more relaxed than my first interview since I was able to get adjusted to environment and people around me.
    Next day, HR called me, and he offered me a job on the phone. I could not hide excitement, and gave hime a verbal acceptance. He replied me back w/ a joyful congratulation.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not that different from interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It was fast & simple.