WME Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.8

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WME (Syracuse, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was an okay process. It was done on skype. the woman interviewing me was nice but could have been a little more "welcoming" if that makes sense. she asked questions and gave me the run down of the program. it lasted a total of 25 minutes. she asked me about 6 questions and it ended with her asking if i had any questions of my own

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WME (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got an interview with HR by cold emailing them a couple of times until I got their attention as I didn't really know anybody with the company. The interview itself was very easy, I was in and out in probably less than five minutes. She didn't ask me much, it was more her telling me about the company and what to expect while working there. She was VERY upfront about the fact that it can be a difficult place to work and they want to know you can handle that. They called me to offer me a position the next day. Very straightforward and I appreciated how efficient the whole process was.

Interview Questions

• Do you know people who have worked at talent agencies?   1 Answer

Reception Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WME.

Interview

Contacted me through email to setup an interview once I applied online. Easy process, had me come in that week to meet, feeling was mutual and we didn't continue. Great company and friendly people.

Floater Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WME.

Interview

Was set up with an informational phone call with someone in their HR department. He asked me why I wanted to work at a Talent agency, what my goals were. He gave me a run down of how everything works there. You start off in the mail room as a floater assistant pushing mail and helping out on desks when assistants are out. You then have to network your way to getting on a desk full time. Then after 10 months of being an assistant you can apply for their Agent Trainee program. I live on the east coast and he told me that I would need to move to LA before applying. He gave me the impression that a lot of their interns get first priority on jobs there.

Appointment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at WME (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I went through a staffing company, who applied me to the position as an Appointment Coordinator. I then came in to interview with the manger & job shadow. I received an offer within 2 days and accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, seeing as they were paying they staffing company, who then paid me a small portion of what they got paid.

Mailroom Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WME (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Employee referral. The entire process took almost 3 months. Two in-person interviews. One with the head of HR and another with the head of HR and a coordinator. The interviews were fairly relaxed. It seemed like they wanted me to succeed. Most of the questions were rather generic and not always applicable to my experience, but I answered the best I could. The interviewers were always very nice and explained the 5-10 year process to becoming an agent (if you're even selected for this track). Their main concern seems to be whether you're willing to put in the work and stick it out through the difficult years of "paying your dues" as they brought it up quite often.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you deal with strong personalities?   Answer Question
    • Q: Who are some of your favorite artists right now?   Answer Question
    • Q: How do you stay up to date on current music industry events?   Answer Question
    • Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Q: What's an example where you made a mistake and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WME (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Began with chasing down a response after answering their initial email, I had to call just to hear back about setting up a time with them which they asked to do. After the chasing, I went in and met with an HR manager and it wasn't until 3 weeks later that I heard back from them about an opening.

Interview Questions

• What were your tasks at your last job? What makes you a good assistant? What do you hope to get out of this job?   1 Answer

Floater Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WME.

Interview

Employee referral. Interview was very easy going, and the person I spoke with was very down to earth. Went through my employment history and spoke about what kind of career experience I'm looking for. She explained the whole floater program and how it works, as well as how to progress beyond the program to the assistant role.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WME (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They asked me why i wanted to work at talent agency, what I liked about entertaimment. Asked me about favorite client. It was a fairy straightforward experience. They were not as intimidating as I expected. Very cool office, feels like Entourage

Interview Questions

• Have you read the Mailroom?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a video chat interview. They were very friendly. The interview wasn't very long, maybe 20 minutes or so. They asked me questions about my knowledge of the industry and my past experiences