Wallenius Wilhelmsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.5

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

I submitted an application and received a quick interview with the HR manager. Then I was sent for my drug test. After passing the drug test, I spent a few hours in the orientation process. I read a lot of paperwork and signed employee policies. There were some videos that we watched on sexual harassment in the workplace.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interview; Technical round was abt 30-45 mins and 2nd round was taken by a senior employee (M+ level)....The process started with a eligibility questionnaire, and on selection it was followed by a in person programming round and then a final HR round. On completion of all if they liked the person's aptitude and attitude he or she will be selected. This is normal for both on and off campus.This was followed by HR interview....Overall it was a smooth process

Interview Questions

• The process of interview was somewhat easy. It was with a first call came from them. They asked some basic questions about the specialization. I was applying as .NET Consultant and they asked questions related to .NET technologies. I had to do couple of interviews with them. Later in another call, they gave my a contract to sign.   1 Answer
    • Interview was not very technical. Interviewer asked me about my previous projects and the details. It was informal kind. I enjoyed the interview. asked general questions like location preferences, about family etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Acceptable

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Started phone interview from executive search firm. Phone interview from a senior employee, on site interview. Questions were relatively simple, the standard type with a few behavior questions, such as how do you handle conflict with other managers, etc.. had to wait a few weeks for a TWIC clearance.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle conflict among other managers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated much higher than I initially thought possible. Very satisfied with the job. I believe pretty much everyone likes and respects me very much.

Ops Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen in January 2015.

Interview

Received a call back almost a month after applying for the position. Scheduled a phone interview, the girl conducting the interview seemed like she was being bothered by speaking to me and wasn't able to answer any of my questions. An On-site interview at a nearby location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you took the lead and what resulted?   Answer Question

Interview

Emailed hiring manager, corresponded via telephone, came in for interview, found out 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer us? What is your biggest strength & weakness?   Answer Question

Vehicle Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Smyrna, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

I walked into the office to fill out an application, but was instead interviewed immediately. There were only a few questions asked and since I had worked valet before and could drive a stick shift, I was practically offered the job almost immediately. I took a drug test and started work a month later.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Baltimore, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Emailed back and forth with the Local HR - regular questions
    Phone call With HR - regular questions
    Phone call with senior IE - Technical questions
    Phone call with GM - regular questions
    Interview with HR and Vice President of Engineering - very technical questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you had to deal with where a Union Member was being difficult?   Answer Question

HSEQ Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen.

Interview

2 phase interview, 1st generalised management style interview based on previous experience. 2nd interview was panel based with operational management and dealt primarily about what I knew about the company in depth, their quality and safety mantra. Key players and core business, locally and internationally.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Chennai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Wallenius Wilhelmsen - Chennai, India. The worst Interview i have ever attended, The HR guys doesn't know how to do recruitment. They just called me for interview and without even asking me any job related question they asked me to leave. I went for Managerial position and a junior guy interviewed me. Worst interview process without any process. I called the HR for assisting me on locating the company, but she didn't even respond properly, she just said she is busy and hanged up the call. Company with a worst HR's and HR Process.

Interview Questions

• HR didn't even asked me any question, Just saw my profile and said it doesn't suits. I wounder why the hell they called me for interview? "100% Waste of Time"   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Salvador (El Salvador)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (San Salvador (El Salvador)) in January 2013.

Interview

First an initial phone screening interview. Then a panel based Questions and answers asking about experience and why I wanted the job followed by a brief test that required problem solving.