Wallenius Wilhelmsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wallenius Wilhelmsen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2018

2.6

Ops Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen in January 2015.

Interview

Received a call back almost a month after applying for the position. Scheduled a phone interview, the girl conducting the interview seemed like she was being bothered by speaking to me and wasn't able to answer any of my questions. An On-site interview at a nearby location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you took the lead and what resulted?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Iselin, NJ).

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interview; Technical round was abt 30-45 mins and 2nd round was taken by a senior employee (M+ level)....The process started with a eligibility questionnaire, and on selection it was followed by a in person programming round and then a final HR round. On completion of all if they liked the person's aptitude and attitude he or she will be selected. This is normal for both on and off campus.This was followed by HR interview....Overall it was a smooth process

Interview Questions

• The process of interview was somewhat easy. It was with a first call came from them. They asked some basic questions about the specialization. I was applying as .NET Consultant and they asked questions related to .NET technologies. I had to do couple of interviews with them. Later in another call, they gave my a contract to sign.   1 Answer
    • Interview was not very technical. Interviewer asked me about my previous projects and the details. It was informal kind. I enjoyed the interview. asked general questions like location preferences, about family etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Acceptable

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Baltimore, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Emailed back and forth with the Local HR - regular questions
    Phone call With HR - regular questions
    Phone call with senior IE - Technical questions
    Phone call with GM - regular questions
    Interview with HR and Vice President of Engineering - very technical questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you had to deal with where a Union Member was being difficult?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Started phone interview from executive search firm. Phone interview from a senior employee, on site interview. Questions were relatively simple, the standard type with a few behavior questions, such as how do you handle conflict with other managers, etc.. had to wait a few weeks for a TWIC clearance.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle conflict among other managers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated much higher than I initially thought possible. Very satisfied with the job. I believe pretty much everyone likes and respects me very much.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

I submitted an application and received a quick interview with the HR manager. Then I was sent for my drug test. After passing the drug test, I spent a few hours in the orientation process. I read a lot of paperwork and signed employee policies. There were some videos that we watched on sexual harassment in the workplace.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.

Vehicle Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Smyrna, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

I walked into the office to fill out an application, but was instead interviewed immediately. There were only a few questions asked and since I had worked valet before and could drive a stick shift, I was practically offered the job almost immediately. I took a drug test and started work a month later.

Interview Questions

Interview

Emailed hiring manager, corresponded via telephone, came in for interview, found out 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer us? What is your biggest strength & weakness?   Answer Question

Distribution Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Standard cultural questions; show you around the facility, not have you meet anybody, then more cultural questions. Evening, if they fly you in, is with a good steak house to provide smoke over your eyes.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Woodcliff Lake, NJ).

Interview

Two phone screenings followed by in-person interview with 4 Wallenius employees. For in-person interview, they first sat me in a conference room alone to be interviewed by an offsite manager via telephone. Followed by one on one interviews with 3 other employees face to face. Was told by the hiring manager that they "needed me" and were having top management discussions about how to restructure the team to bring me on. A week or so later was informed they changed the position to a lower level and would be seeking new candidates with less experience and lower pay than me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging project you faced and the outcome   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Salvador (El Salvador)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wallenius Wilhelmsen (San Salvador (El Salvador)) in January 2013.

Interview

First an initial phone screening interview. Then a panel based Questions and answers asking about experience and why I wanted the job followed by a brief test that required problem solving.