Washington DC Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington DC Government Interview Questions

Interviews at Washington DC Government

2.8

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government in January 2016.

Interview

Simple questions. Comfortable conversation. The interview went well.

Questions about political views, background and more. I was invited to interview with one team, then met with the director. You learn a lot about the agency that you are applying to.

It can take some time to hear back form them, like many government jobs so patience is key.

Interview Questions

• If we looked at your social media account, what would we find?   Answer Question

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Washington DC Government.

Interview

Complete an online application, receive notice of test dates, background investigation begins, take physical agility test, medical exam ( height, weight, blood pressure, blood test (drugs), vision, and hearing, behavioral health exam - approximately 4 to 5 hours, meet with background investigator for a home visit, wait for a letter of acceptance informing you of the next class date to start the Academy (approximately 6 mos)

Interview Questions

• Mental Health questions regarding meds and psychiatric treatment   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, submitted resume cover letter, and answered a couple questions about secondary education policy.

+2 weeks: Phone interview with hiring manager (60 min)
    +4 weeks: Skype interview with hiring manager and 2 colleagues (75 min)
    +5 weeks: Informed I am a finalist, asked for references and asked to read a 94 page report and compose a written memo about it, submitted 3 days later.
    +6 weeks: References called.
    +9 weeks: Called HR to ask about the status of the hiring process and informed DCHR will probably be extending an offer but no timeline was available.

I found out that they hired someone else by looking at the agency website, my DCHR application still lists as "Application Received," and nobody had the decency to let me know.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ESSA?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview in 3 weeks. The interview process was by panel involving agency internal and citywide external stakeholders. Overall the interview was about an hour in duration. I was offered the position in about a week after.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position in April 2017 and received correspondence for an interview mid July 2017. Interview was mostly behavioral style questions and then explaining from your experience how you qualify for the position. After one week from interview I received a verbal offer followed by a written offer via email. The entire process from interview to start was 6 months which included a background investigation.

Interview Questions

• How well can you adjustment your schedule during an unexpected work assignment?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Panel interview of 5 people. Very general questions about goals and path forward. Committee seemed very nice but were unclear about next steps. Never heard back from the group and the position appears to remain unfilled.

Interview Questions

• Describe one work to describe yourself.   1 Answer

Clinical Psychologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met with the Agency's Director of Psychology for abt an hour. Discussed my curriculum vitae in detail (she already had a copy). She asked me how I felt about working with the various populations the hospital serves, and what specialized skills/experiences I had that I thought could improve/expand the services the Psycholigy Department was already providing.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a theoretical orientation you prefer when doing psychotherapy?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 people from HR. The interview was very straight forward, they asked about experience, what I aim to learn, some behavioral questions... They have to fill out all the questions they have and they grade each answer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why did you chose the DC Gov?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government.

Interview

I got an impromptu phone call with two interviewers on the line. They had read my application and challenged me to explain myself further. The call lasted about 20 minutes, and the fact that there were two interviewers you had to impress was challenging. It was very much a "good cop, bad cop" dynamic.

Interview Questions

• They definitely want to see how literate you are in D.C. government and current events. Hint: know the mayor's name and a few initiatives you can easily explain.   Answer Question

Administrative Law Judge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

Searched DC Jobs, and submitted an application. Met with the Chief Administrative Law Judge. Interview lasted 45 minutes. The position had to deal with a backlog of workers' compensation cases. Asked how I would work with experienced administrative law judges in issuing decisions and orders. Described my administrative law experience and working with older and more experienced workers.

Interview Questions

• How would I learn workers' compensation law when I had no experience in the area?   Answer Question