Washington DC Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.7

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied for a position to MOAPIA office via email, not the DC government's website. The only correspondence I had regarding the interview was a Google invite; no further coordination or communication was provided. (That should have been the first red flag.) I was interviewed by two women, neither of whom were from HR or my would-be direct supervisor. (Second red flag) In fact, during the writing test later on, the manager came out of his office to greet a guest, so while he was physically present, he chose not to attend the interview. I found this disrespectful and insulting. The two interviewers were extremely cold and made no effort to make me feel welcomed. Their questions were short, generic and they rarely made eye contact with me. They did not offer me a chance to ask questions and were on their way out the door before I was able to hold my hand out to thank them. Any rational person could see that I was wasting their time. Lastly, there was a written test in which I was not notified of prior following the interview.

It was a terrible experience all together - not only were they wasting my time, but they wasted my money as I flew in for the interview on my own dime. They could not even muster up pleasantries to get through the interview. But these things happen, I'm aware. I never heard back from anyone in the office, which I take as a blessing as I imagine I would be miserable there.

Interview Questions

• How many stakeholders have you worked with?   1 Answer

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, submitted resume cover letter, and answered a couple questions about secondary education policy.

+2 weeks: Phone interview with hiring manager (60 min)
    +4 weeks: Skype interview with hiring manager and 2 colleagues (75 min)
    +5 weeks: Informed I am a finalist, asked for references and asked to read a 94 page report and compose a written memo about it, submitted 3 days later.
    +6 weeks: References called.
    +9 weeks: Called HR to ask about the status of the hiring process and informed DCHR will probably be extending an offer but no timeline was available.

I found out that they hired someone else by looking at the agency website, my DCHR application still lists as "Application Received," and nobody had the decency to let me know.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ESSA?   1 Answer

Deputy General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

6 or so people around a table with me at the head. It was like having your deposition take. It was very uncomfortable and not a conversation but an inquisition.

Interview Questions

• Why at this stage in my career i wanted this job. I have been a senior executive and they seemed to think that i might be over qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Second time applying for this position. I Received a call in December for an interview. 3 person panel interview with supervisors. Very straight face, I couldn't tell if I made an impression on them because they were extremely professional and poised. The interview was extremely quick 15-minutes 20 minutes, answered 10-15 questions. Writing sample at the end. Received a call 2 -3 weeks later with conditional offer. References were checked, received official offer letter, just need to do background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Best advice to give you know what's in the job description. I was better prepared this time as I remembered questions from my first interview and just sharpened my answers.

What is a developmental disability, example of developmental disabilities, waiver questions, knowledge of ISP, how do you handle stress, what types of developmental disabilities, difference between MH and DD, comfortably facilitating meetings.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I have several years experience but was only still able to begin at Step 1. This was okay with me because the salary was significantly higher than my previous employer doing the same thing, but working with less people.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

first A call from the deputy director. And then an in-person interview, and then a written test. takes around 2 hours. still waiting for answers. the environment was pretty nice. both the interviewers were friendly. the questions were pretty basic. and tailored to my resume

Customer Service Representative Tax and Revenue Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC).

Interview

Your salary has to be verified. Do not apply if you do not have old pay stubs. Make sure you have them then apply.
    Applied and called for an interview within a few weeks. informed of stats on different performance based expectations (number of incoming calls, type of calls) live call scenario and writing test. Had an awesome panel interview with 3 senior level executives.
    I was nervous once I heard their title but I got over it. You will need to provide pay stub to get to the next step after the interview. You will not a tentative offer until old pay stubs are provided for salary verification. Make sure you request them from your employer or find them before you apply.

Good Luck

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations and give an example   Answer Question
    • How do you handle disagreements with co-workers and provide an example   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

As with any company you apply online. Received my invitation to be processed within a few days. Since I worked with this company previously I didn't have to do the long drawn out interview.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview and they were very nice and they asked the usual interview questionsinterview took one hour and I got a little anxious. I had to wait at least 10 minutes before the end of you spot it and then each panel member asked me questions

Interview Questions

• Give us the time when conflict became an actual issue at your job   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington DC Government.

Interview

The interview process was quick, phone interview and a week later an in person interview, but waiting for an answer took an extremely long time and actually never heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington DC Government.

Interview

I got an impromptu phone call with two interviewers on the line. They had read my application and challenged me to explain myself further. The call lasted about 20 minutes, and the fact that there were two interviewers you had to impress was challenging. It was very much a "good cop, bad cop" dynamic.

Interview Questions

• They definitely want to see how literate you are in D.C. government and current events. Hint: know the mayor's name and a few initiatives you can easily explain.   Answer Question