Watlow Electric Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

3.3

Rotational Technical Excellence Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Winona, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to my university's career fair and got an interview by showing enthusiasm and a couple minutes of research on the company's background. I was then invited to an on-campus interview, where they asked standard behavioral (STAR format) questions, which were open-ended and long (3 questions took about 45 minutes as they ask questions off of your answer).

After that, I was invited to an on-site "career day" where I and other applicants were interviewed by three teams of two, and took a plant tour as well. The questions and interview were in the same format as the on-campus interview. We were given resources on what areas the questions would focus on (all behavioral). Technical questions might pop up based on your answers, but are very soft if you aren't making anything up.

Overall, it was a fairly easy process. The interviewers were all very nice and encouraging, and I was provided with the resources to succeed in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision based on limited information.   Answer Question

Rotation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in February 2017.

Interview

I found out about the company through the career fair at my university. I was asked to have a behavior based interviewer with someone from HR and another rotational engineer. At the begining of the interview, I was allowed to ask the question I had prepared, then they asked their questions. They appeared to be very organized and had a list of questions to ask, but only picked a few of them.
    After the first round interview, I was flown to one of their plants to have 3 separate interviews as well as receive a plant tour. I heard their decision within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you excelled and did showed off your skill. Then also describe a situation where it wasn't your best work. What was different between the two of them.   Answer Question

CI Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing.

Interview

Behavioral Interview Process that seemed a bit redundant. A number of the same questions just differently worded, but I can understand how this shows past accomplishments...that is what they are looking for.

Engineer I Rotational Technical Excellence Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Richmond, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Watlow had on campus interviews. In my interview they had another engineer from another facility on the phone which was awkward because you don't get the ques that someone is about to say something so we kept interrupting each other. I was asked to attend a plant visit for a career day where there were 4 rounds of interviews with two Watlow employees asking behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were successful in learning a new skill or knowledge and, conversely, describe a time that you had difficulty learning something new.   Answer Question

Rotational Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Richmond, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I approached Watlow at a Job Fair at my college. After speaking to a couple of the engineers, I received a phone call from their HR department about scheduling an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview consisted of two engineers, asking about previous experience. Following the on-campus interview, I was invited to a Career day at their main manufacturing plant in Richmond, IL.

The night before Career day, Watlow held a social event at a nearby restaurant, where we could mingle with engineers, HR, and other applicants.

Career day consisted of a provided breakfast, a brief introduction and overview, and four rounds of interviewing with behavior-based questions. Each round consisted of two Watlow employees (engineers and/or HR). The day also included a plant tour.

The hardest part of the process was the questions themselves. The event itself was well-organized, all arrangements were made by Watlow, and everyone seemed to be happy to be there; a very welcoming environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince a team member, who was operating on incorrect information.   Answer Question

Rotational Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing.

Interview

They contacted me through a school website. Very professional interview, standard interview questions. They had two people there one engineer and one HR person. They wanted you to ask questions first and basically ran through how the interview would work. Overall it was very comfortable and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Winona, MN).

Interview

Interview was long. 3 groups of two people with a lot of scripted questions but we still had regular conversation. Most of the questions were situational based off of past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped motivate your team?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing.

Interview

Long and overkill. I though I was interviewing for a job in the intelligence agency. 3 people and 2 groups of them interviewed me. They had a bunch of premade questions to give me and it took forever to complete. Some questions were also pretty close from group to group. Like they were trying to catch me on my answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Engineer I, Process Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Everything including the application and interview scheduling process was set up through my schools career department. An interview request was within 2 weeks of submitting my application. The whole process was a fairly stress free environment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing complicated. It was standard behavioral scenario interview questions.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple sessions and so many scenarios. Multiple screenings and verifications. I thought I was applying to the CIA after awhile. All these jumping through hoops for the pay level was funny in hind sight. They should have been happy to get someone with that pay level

Negotiation

here is the offer. Take it or leave it. No discussion