Wattpad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wattpad

2.5

Platform Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wattpad (Ontario, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A single phone call where I was asked specific questions about GoLang and very basic algorithms (iteration and loops). No questions were asked about my personality. All in all, it was really brief and they're probably pretty desperate for employees.

Interview Questions

• Create a loop in GoLang that does some function.   2 Answers

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wattpad.

Interview

It was through an application through the job system at the University. I applied and was selected for an interview. We talked about the company for 30 minutes (what they do, how the teams work, etc). Then, he asked me if I had more questions, and then he jumped into his two questions.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wattpad in October 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone review interview to go over my resume and experience with a quick Javascript coding exercise. Next, there was a 3hr onsite interview with different people, where I did some pair programming challenges.

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wattpad (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

Initial HR screening followed by a take-home test, and if all goes well an on-site interview. I didn't pass the take-home test round. Overall the HR was very professional and the engineer who reviewed my take-home test seemed to have put a lot of thought into it.

Interview Questions

• The take-home test was a very straightforward question which can be written in any language. I decided to write in golang.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wattpad (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an in person interview after 4 weeks. The interviewers mainly asked me about my experience, and they cared a lot about the SQL skills. They also asked what sort of databases I have used before. In addition, they gave some soft skills related questions, such as how do you present your data insight result when you know your superior is wrong. Just a heads up, the position is advertised as data analyst and says they do clustering, statistical analysis, but from the interview I think it's more focused on using SQL for business intelligence report.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach using SQL for a complex query?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wattpad (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

1. HR interview
    2. Interview with the Product Manager

Associate Engineer -Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wattpad (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online through a school job board and get a reply about a week after the deadline. I was called in for an interview where I was given a tour of the office before I had technical interviews with two people on the interview followed by more personal interview with the product manager

Interview Questions

• Develop a class that allows you to store information about a Video.   Answer Question
    • Write a program that determines if one string is anagram of another   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wattpad.

Interview

HR is slow, and unprofessional. Does not respond on the date she scheduled herself. It almost feels that they are delaying(prolonging) the whole process on purpose for some reason. Your time is not valued and respected.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wattpad.

Interview

It progressed quickly despite talking to five different people at the two stages of interviews. I had a phone interview set up within a few days of filling out my application, which was a basic job overview type interview, then went into their office for in person interviews.