Weir Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weir Group Interview Questions

2.8

Rubber Layer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Weir Group (South Salt Lake, UT).

Interview

The interview was a Tour of the plant with the basic question.... Do you think you can do this? The supervisor told me his expectations with very big emphasis on being on time. He did brush over my passed work history. Over all it was a quick and painless interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do this?   1 Answer

Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Weir Group (Odessa, TX).

Interview

Applied at the shop and was contacted a few days later to meet. Met with the supervisor and HR and talked about my past job experience and was told some of the duties that may be involved in the job. Also was made aware that the schedule can be hectic at times.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weir Group (Fresno, CA).

Interview

The interview is about 4 hours, where you will be individually examined by 4 different managers of the company. The interview is very technical, but you also get the typical questions as well. For example in the screening phone interview, "where did you go to school?", " what was your GPA?", and more. For the second interview, know all you can about centrifugal pumps. More importantly, tell them why you are interested in working there, what other jobs you have applied to and ( If like me you have had previous jobs) tell them directly why you left your last company? Also, what do you like about engineering and what don't you like?

Interview Questions

• What do you like about engineering and what do you not like?
      Where else have you applied to?
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      What is NPSH?
      1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Weir Group in October 2014.

Interview

Started with great momentum, then slowed to a painful crawl. The HR Rep who initially contacted me seemed to think I was a great fit for the initial position listed, then when not chosen, thought I'd be great for a position vacated by an internal employee. HR didn't seem to be fully aware of the decisions that were apparently taking place behind the scenes.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall any question being particularly difficult, but the entire process was tedious. I was first contacted by a Weir Group HR Representative. I had a phone interview with the HR Rep which was over an hour long and very intensive. I was then called back a couple days later to schedule a face to face interview with two department executives. I thought the interview went well. I wasn't contacted again for two or three weeks, and was told that an internal candidate was selected for the position, but that the executives were impressed with me and recommended me to fill the internal employee's vacated position, which would not be externally advertised, and though internal candidates would be considered, it would likely only be two, and they didn't have the experience I possessed. About a month went by, with sporadic updates from HR, each time giving me reason to believe that I would be a shoe-in for the vacated EA position; that personal interviews with each departmental executive (3) would take place, more as a formality, once the third executive was in place and when one of the other executives (HR VP) returned to the office from traveling. Finally after about another 2 weeks, I was called with the news that another internal candidate was selected without an interview process and despite the original executives' recommendation of me. The HR Rep I had been talking to about these positions seemed as though he was caught off guard and completely surprised by the turn of events.   1 Answer

Pump Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Weir Group (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Both managers sat down with me and discussed the work requirements. I was previously experienced in the job title i applied for so the interview was very fast and easy and i got hired on pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience i had   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weir Group in February 2013.

Interview

Panel interview, formal but comfortable, knew about the company from previous job, did lots of business with them. Lots of questions on multi tasking, people skills, problem solving, presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• Why Weir, improvement or implementation from previous job.   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weir Group (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a month later, met with management for interview. Interview lasted about 30-45 minutes, including walking the facility. Cordial interview and manager said he would contact me in the next week. Received a job offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe your warehouse experience, do you have past experience driving a forklift   Answer Question

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weir Group (Fresno, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

They are bunch of idiots there. No one knows whats going on

Interview Questions

• You don't have a degree so why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Because everyone in town knows their reputation

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weir Group (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with an executive, was contacted by HR, went in for the interview. The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming and put me at ease. He asked me questions about my work experience in depth. He told me about the position and what was expected. It was one of the best and most pleasant interviews I have ever experienced.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Weir Group (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Took a long time to get the interview. Professional interview. Panel including human resources, engineering. Seemed very organized. Plant tour was impressive. Had not heard of the Weir Group before the interview. Interviewers seemed to know what they were talking about and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How would I make a difference?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.