Wellesley College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wellesley College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.0

Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wellesley College.

Interview

Met with an alum in a coffee chat. Very laid back. All about fit questions and chatting many random things. Don't worry about it. The alum told me the interview is just a plus. Not so important for admission.

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wellesley College (Wellesley, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

They led me down a long dark hallway in a building that can best be described as Dickensian. Very gothic, and not in a cool way but more like in a depressing, dark way. The weirdest thing is that throughout the interview I swear I heard screams echoing down the long hallway. As if staff or someone were being tortured.

Interview Questions

• They must have taken "how to interview" classes from Kim Jong un. They lined up in a row and when the master laughed, they laughed. When the master was serious, they were serious. It was surreal. One by one the panel would fire off standard interview questions, and after I answered they all looked fearfully at their leader for approval.   1 Answer

Preschool Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wellesley College (Wellesley, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application, followed by a background check and in-person interview. Following the interview with a senior staff member, they place you in one of the classrooms to observe how you interact with children.

Assistant to Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wellesley College (Wellesley, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

phone interview first with two people, then interview on campus with two direct reports, then a panel interview, then two admins, then HR to over over benefits. No decision made yet waiting to hear.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wellesley College (Wellesley, MA).

Interview

Applied online and heard back immediately
    met with the administrative assistant and discussed my qualifications with her
    pretty easy interview
    the hardest part is getting hired because there is a high demand for student jobs on campus

Interview Questions

• can you commit to a certain set of hours?
      what are your computer skills?
      What are you office skills?
      Answer Question

Senior Records Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wellesley College (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called by an HR representative to come in for an interview with three separate people from the department, one who would be the supervisor. The interview took about an hour. A week later, the same HR rep called again to schedule a second interview, this time with the head of the department as well as three more people in the department.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a large workload? Do you panic when you can't get everything done in a day?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been pulled away from a project to work on another project? If so, how do you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was pleased with what was offered.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellesley College.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was very nice, but also rather direct in what she was looking for - she wanted to know that I had experience with handling confidential information and that I could handle juggling many projects and problems at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: What makes you different from all the other applicants? How will this job help you in your future career search?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wellesley College (Wellesley, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Submit a short paragraph explaining why you want the job and why you should have it. Also bring some portfolio to show your skills to prove that you are most suitable person for the job than any others.