West Hills Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at West Hills Community College

Supplemental Instruction Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemoore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Hills Community College (Lemoore, CA).

Interview

I applied for this position through GovernmentJobs.com and was quickly scheduled for an interview. Two people were in the room for my interview, the position's supervisor and a higher level figure for the school. Both interviewers were incredibly nice and encouraged me to relax and speak openly about why I felt myself to be the best fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous work experience prepared you to work with students?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at West Hills Community College in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online l. Received a call and an email to come in for an interview. When I got there the lady at the desk said I called and said I was not interested. I said that she must be mistaken because it was not me. So, they give me a set of 10 questions and 15 minutes to write what I want. Then you go into a room with the Chancellor, HR analyst and two other employees. They take turns asking questions on the form. I thought I did well. After a week or two, I followed up by call and email and both were not returned. Not a very professional place if they already treat you like garbage. At least have the respect to email to day no thanks.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Interview

5-minute Professor presentation (for a sample lesson) was required together with the interview, and the panel was composed of the head of the department, a professor in your field, and a professor of another field. Transcripts were required, too. The application process was reasonable, and you are most likely going to be contacted by email first to begin the hiring/interview process.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at West Hills Community College.

Interview

The hiring process is fairly simple as long as you meet the minimum requirements. If you don't meet these requirements save your application materials. Interviews are done by a panel of dean of student services and full-time faculty; they are comfortable and friendly. A brief lesson plan is expected and you will be questioned about teaching purposes and practices as well as how you plan to build on your previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss student population of the valley and students with special considerations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay scale is based on your previous education and teaching experience, so everything is pretty straight forward

Web Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coalinga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Hills Community College (Coalinga, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

For an interview consideration, the required documentation consisted of application, resume, contact list, unofficial transcripts and "letter of application" covering the documented requirements for the position. The documented requirements exceeded even the best tech guru's possible true skills and abilities scope (technologies and responsibilities, per documentation, were all over the board and in a broad range of competing technologies).

The actual interview consisted of ~10 pre-prepared questions to be discussed in front of a panel of about 10 people and a 5 minute demo of a previous web site on which the candidate has worked. The 10 pre-prepared questions were very redundant and one actually seemed almost irrelevant. Also, candidates were each given 15 minutes to go over the questions prior to the panel interview. This seemed rather odd. The total time for the discussion and the demo (given the possible size of a web site and the content of the questions) was too short.

Interview Questions

• How would you, as a new member of the staff, introduce yourself into the organization?   1 Answer