Western Connecticut State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Connecticut State University

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Connecticut State University (Danbury, CT) in May 2018.

Interview

I was informed that there were over 100 applicants. I've gone through the Skype interview, which I believe involved more than 10 applicants. I was selected as among the three top candidates. I was invited for a campus visit and job talk. Job interview was tough and the expectations were not clear.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Connecticut State University (Danbury, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Group interview with hiring committee. Great group and very positive experience. I was in close communication with hiring manager. challenging questions but not unreasonable. Seems to be a very good place to work.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Connecticut State University (Danbury, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall the process was quick. Questions were primarily job-specific related to the lab work I would be assisting with. I imagine each lab interviews in this same way, so just be aware of what the job description actually entails.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with fieldwork and wearing clothing treated with insect repellents?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Connecticut State University in January 2016.

Interview

After applying, it took two months to hear from the university. After that, we arranged for a phone interview two weeks after that, and an in-person interview took place three days later. Three weeks later, the head of the department called me personally to let me know that I had not received the position, but that it had been a tough decision and he would keep me in mind for the future.

Interview Questions

• I really liked that during the second interview, they gave me an opportunity to say anything I wish I would have said during the first interview.   Answer Question

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Connecticut State University (Danbury, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

Informal meeting with all FT faculty in the department. Lots of info about the job requirements, a brief introduction to all faculty, description of ongoing projects, as well as new projects just being launched

Interview Questions

• Who are your favorite authors?   1 Answer