Western Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Express Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

1.5

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Express.

Interview

Worked with recruiter over the phone. Recruiters lie, that is what they are paid to do! You will find this out very quickly during orientation! Recruiter was friendly and helpful. One word of advice, get them to send you a letter or email stating what your pay (cents per mile + Per Diem) will be after orientation & training. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING - for legal reasons that will arise later on!

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Lake, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Express (Silver Lake, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went good, but they conflicted with the Driver's Managers. My Recruiter told me there would be no problem getting me home for Home time AND Military Duty, but my Driver's Manager has made me miss two months of Duty since I've been here.

Interview Questions

• If I could stay out 2 weeks at a time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Very Short and easy, recruiter seemed nice and friendly, but they all are until you get to orientation. I started out wanting to do lease purchase until I heard about the 902. A week truck expense,

Interview Questions

• Do want OTR or Lease Purchase   1 Answer

Dedicated Regional Company Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Lies. Lies. Lies and more lies. Hey don't forget to ask about the lies. The recruiters seem like they'ld be cool but they got more scandals than Hilary Clinton has done in the last decade.

CDL-A and you're ok! Felony than you're ok. Drug addiction than you're ok. Obese and you're ok. Except they make all the slightly above average weight adults take the sleep apnea test.

It was funny hearing all the larger individuals complain about how the doctor on sight said they have to.

They say someone will always be there to help. Wait until you get a crap paycheck and all they have is excuses and nothing ever gets fixed. No matter who you talk to. Their help line is a joke.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your CDL-A? Little to no experience they'll accept you.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Express.

Interview

Not really an interview since they hire everybody. Fill out application and they call you to hire you. Then you go to an unpaid orientation for a few days. All they care about is reducing fuel consumption, when there is alot of other things they are doing wrong to lose money. Then you start making minimum wage like checks.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

What process? They basically sit you in a class for a week if you flatbed or a couple days if you're a dry van person. Then if you have no experience they make you run with a trainer for a month. If you have experience they make you go for a week. You'll never talk to any person beyond your recruiter one on one. It's a mill. They have a high turn over rate so they don't invest more than necessary into any one driver.

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Express in April 2015.

Interview

Called talked to someone with a fake name for a fake job over the phone didn't take long. Received a e-mail with a whole page of directions of where to go with after getting dropped off from the bus station in Nashville TN.

Interview Questions

• Guarantees were all lies, stupid recruiter making up bs just to get another one sucked in. You're mental for going with this company. If you're here reading this and thinking about it and you have a family minus well now get the papers ready because you'll f it up in no time. YOU WILL MAKE MORE AT HOME! Find another job locally and stay home don't leave for this company.   Answer Question

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Basically asked about my experience in driving trucks either over the road or locally. They asked if I drove for the military and I stated that I had. They reviewed my background and motor vehicle record and had asked if I had any questions. It was a fairly simple process and interview that was conducted over the phone. The recruiter was nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I has OTR experience.   1 Answer

Lease Purchase Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Filled out application on line and a recruiter call the next day and conducted a phone interview with them and then a few days later called back and said I was approved and then worked out a bus ticket to come to orientation

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a great interview at this facility. I was able to get a great feel for the fast paced environment and young culture. Very informative and interesting. I would definitely work for this company if given the opportunity.