Western Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Western Express

1.8

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Basically asked about my experience in driving trucks either over the road or locally. They asked if I drove for the military and I stated that I had. They reviewed my background and motor vehicle record and had asked if I had any questions. It was a fairly simple process and interview that was conducted over the phone. The recruiter was nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I has OTR experience.   1 Answer

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

Show up your hired. They don't care, why should they. They need to fill the seats of all the drivers who quit. Only go here if no one else will take you.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a little packed and unorganized everyone was doing some of everything, and the hotel rooms was cheap an crowded. Didn’t really have any privacy. I also didn’t like the fact they kept switching up your roommate every other day.

Interview Questions

• How long do I consider being out on the road   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in June 2018.

Interview

Just had to go through orientation and 3 days load securment. Completed DOT physical and drug test had to pass skills testing and road tests.. upon completion I got a good driver manager and he works with me on my home time needs and down time

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Express.

Interview

Worked with recruiter over the phone. Recruiters lie, that is what they are paid to do! You will find this out very quickly during orientation! Recruiter was friendly and helpful. One word of advice, get them to send you a letter or email stating what your pay (cents per mile + Per Diem) will be after orientation & training. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING - for legal reasons that will arise later on!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Lake, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Express (Silver Lake, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went good, but they conflicted with the Driver's Managers. My Recruiter told me there would be no problem getting me home for Home time AND Military Duty, but my Driver's Manager has made me miss two months of Duty since I've been here.

Interview Questions

• If I could stay out 2 weeks at a time.   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in August 2018.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. Pretty much the usual question, like how long you been driving & what companies have you drove for & what states have you driven & what kind of trailer have you pulled

Interview Questions

• How long have you been driving   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Express.

Interview

Not really an interview since they hire everybody. Fill out application and they call you to hire you. Then you go to an unpaid orientation for a few days. All they care about is reducing fuel consumption, when there is alot of other things they are doing wrong to lose money. Then you start making minimum wage like checks.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Express (Nashville, TN) in May 2019.

Interview

You put in an online application, they call you and run every report on you, schedule a orientaion class, bring you in, drug test and drive test you and if you pass all of that, its welcome to the family.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yuba City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Western Express (Yuba City, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

In the phone. They get your driving record and go from there. They want to check on felony conviction for violence. Otherwise they over look it. My recruiter was very nice. They just want bodies that want to drive. You need a class A.