Western Express Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Wieck

Pros
  • But it's a great place to start for new drivers or for drivers with a less than pleasing criminal past (in 4 reviews)

• Good company to get experince otr (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Home time not really guaranteed for requested days (in 18 reviews)

• They promised me a minimum guarantee 900 dollars for 1500 miles and 50 cents per mile additional after 1500 miles (in 4 reviews)

1. "Western Express sucks to the fullest"

I worked at Western Express full-time

Pros

They have automatic trucks and not much else.

Cons

Dispatch lies, pay is low, and can't fuel everywhere.

2. "I had an educational experience with western express"

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver

I worked at Western Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Willing to give the chance and experience to those willing to take it

Cons

They were lazy with taking care equipment in timely manner

Advice to Management

Take care and demand better quality of drivers

3. "Stand your ground!"

Former Employee - Company Driver in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Nashville, TN

Pros

My overall experience working for WE wasn't too bad. I like the guaranteed minimum for NE Regional driver of $800 ( before taxes of course) for 5 loads or 1800 miles and .50 for 1801+ miles. My paychecks usually were around $1k-$1200 weekly. Just stand your ground so they do not take advantage of you. But it's a great place to start for new drivers or for drivers with a less than pleasing criminal past. My truck was nice.

Cons

Beware of the night time and weekend dispatch. They ask for you to use the QC as a main point of communication but it's kind of impossible to do that once your DM leaves because night dispatch stay on their best bs. So you might as well just go to you closest fuel solution and expect a call from your DM the next day but they pretty much know that the night dispatch is like a daycare for adults.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure if they have cameras in the Nashville office but it would be wise to look at them if you do and install some of you don't. I've been there at night and it seems to be a play ground.

5. "Driver -Not nearly as bad as what drivers say"

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at Western Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I ran Flatbed NE Regional dedicated account. I was given a New 2016 Freightliner with a flat screen TV and directTV. I was home every Friday like I was told I would be. I left usually at 4Am on Monday. I never had to wait longer than an hr for a load.the pay wasn't bad at all.

Cons

Let's start with orientation in Nashville. WTF?? Organized chaos at best!! That hotel was Nasty!! They bring in way to many drivers at one time. The flatbed training is a JOKE! If you don't tell the instructor to shut up about his stories you won't learn a thing. He will stop teaching to BS with any driver that comes in and here we go, more stories! When you get your Driver manager you gotta let them know how you run. I run hard and expect to keep moving. Be clear about what you expect. I did short runs to help my DM only because she kept me moving. I'm not gonna bash the company as a whole because the upper management generally cares and will do whatever to make you happy. It's middle management that destroys the company.

Advice to Management

If you want to truly retain drivers. You really need to start at your driver managers. I personally didn't have issues but every driver that I went to orientation has quit after 1 yr. I know a lot of drivers left KE to complain about everything but when it comes to middle management they are right.

6. "VERY UN PROFESIONAL COMPANY"

Current Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Western Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly cant think of any pros. I hate giving them that one star! I wish i could do none.

Cons

You never get your home time they say you will get, you are cheated on checks. The employees are rude and unprofessional. They hang up on you when your still talking to them. If you are in the army do not go to this company they wont even get you home for your drill times! They dont care.

Advice to Management

Get better DMs, and employees who actually take the time to talk to the drivers when theres a problem. And get your drivers home when they need it instead of giving them the run around!

"NFG !"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Western Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good orientation . They fed me.

Cons

No pay. Put me on the road and wouldn't pay me ! I gave 2 week notice in an effort to get paid and nothing !
    Lost home,car and motocycle because of it. Don't do it !

Advice to Management

Pay your drivers !

8. "Good company to work for they give second chances"

Pros

Goood company too work for they'll work with you if your wolling

Cons

I dont see in con's in a company that pays you an train's you too get payed

"Liars & thieves"

Former Employee - Class-A CDL TRUCK DRIVER in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Class-A CDL TRUCK DRIVER in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Western Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no good reasons to work for this company.

Cons

Never home on time when you request it in advance, they don't notify your home state of medical card updates, they rob you of milage & pay, substandard equipment, they don't back you up legally when needed, the driver managers ignore you when you need them. They stereotype certain individuals based on looks & hair length & they are a racist company.

10. "About this company"

Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver

I have been working at Western Express full-time

Pros

There isn't any pros about this company

Cons

Where do I start, 1. They are unprofessional as a company. 2, they lie, and lie even more. 3 they treat u like a prisoner. And they disrespect you. They talk about your family and where u r from and not in a good way.. there hotel is like crap, and stinks. There food is always over cooked and cold. There water is hot.. there orientation very disorganized, alot of seting and no communication. They through things at u.. if they don't like u they will rail road u and they will single u out. They treat u like a number and not as a person... if u are fresh out of school, I still wouldn't recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Clean house out.. your company is very disorganized and very very disrespectful to ur orientation people. They single out people and very unprofessional

11. "Otr truck driver"

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Nashville, TN

Pros

Pros to western express. If your an experience they will hire you so you can get your experience level up.

Cons

They did do anything they said they were

Advice to Management

Start caring