Westwood One Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

1.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Westwood One

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westwood One (New York, NY) in Feb 2019

Interview

Seemed more like a great conversation instead of an intimidating interview . Very straight forward and interesting. They told me about the daily job functions and the awesome benefits that they offer their employees.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westwood One (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Resume and air check review with program director, followed by an interview with head of HR. Glassdoor asks for a longer explanation of the interview process, but there is nothing else to add.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westwood One (New York, NY)

Interview

Very easy going and friendly. Nothing out of the ordinary, they may ask about interests outside of the workplace. Stress your abilities and familiarity with computer systems and software. Initial meeting was with the hiring manager from the department (to which you applied) and a representative from HR. They usually post ads as confidential on Craigslist. Office was clean and the people were courteous.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westwood One (New York, NY) in Sep 2014

Interview

Very efficient interview with q & a. You get a full overview of the company and what the expectation if your position is. Found theeniorment to be welcoming and employees to be enthusiastic. There is a career path there if you get hired and it is clear they want everyone to succeed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westwood One (Dallas, TX) in Aug 2014

Interview

The interview process was very informal. I submitted my resume and references initially and a couple of weeks later I met briefly for an interview with a supervisor and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • Based on your skills, why do you think you are qualified for this position.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westwood One (New Brunswick, NJ) in Jun 2014

Interview

I had a phone interview with relatively normal questions. The process took a few days but they go back to me and offered me the job. There were two people on the phone asking me questions, but they were very nice. The were extremely professional but also calming and made me feel more relaxed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Westwood One

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westwood One in Sep 2009

Interview

Offered the job over the phone, no interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westwood One in Oct 2007

Interview

While there is an HR department, the individual managers conduct their own hiring process so the experience may vary by manager, department, and location. Once you submit a resume and they are interested, the manager typically calls you, and asks a few basic questions. There are typically two interviews: the first with the manager, the second with the manager and then other decision makers of your department.The interviews are relaxed and nothing to lose sleep over, it seems that they are more focused on getting a feel for how you will blend in and how open you are to learning how they do things.Expect an offer once they give you a copy of the employee handook. Tip: While there, take the time to notice the office and if possible ask to use the restroom so you can get a better idea of the office and the people that work there. Its not overly reserved and most of the people are fairly nice, if you can avoid being obvious you may be able to hear workers' opinions of the company as they speak fairly freely.

Interview Questions
  • What attracted you to the company (they provide a bit of information about the company) and how do we compare to other places you have worked?
1 person found this interview helpful