Weta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weta Interview Questions

Interviews at Weta

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weta.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR then was invited to interview with the hiring manager. Heard back a few weeks later. Was a straightforward process, and everyone was pleasant!

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weta (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen as an initial interview, then I interviewed with the supervisor I would be supporting. Then I emailed back and forth with HR as they reviewed my references before receiving an offer.

Production Assistant Graphics and Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weta (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Online Application, after almost 3-4 days, I got an email request for in-person interview. And the interview was taken place at their office next week. A guy who should be my future supervisor as well as colleague came. They said one was the first of ten selected candidates. And the position was newly created.

Broadcast News Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weta (Arlington, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The PBS NewsHour conducts a phone interview where the hiring manager asks candidates about their goals, their qualifications and interest in the position and the program. The company will conduct a current events news quiz which is extremely difficult and a test of your knowledge regarding the PBS NewsHour program by phone. This is all basic knowledge. I passed all tests and was not hired by the PBS NewsHour and WETA. This position is not for aspiring tv news reporters, anchors, nor producers. You will not get a demo reel with WETA and PBS NewsHour. The PBS NewsHour's news assistant program for broadcast, digital/online, and social media are extremely competitive for undergraduate college graduates and graduate students.

For aspiring television news reporters, news anchors, multi-media journalists(MMJ) and news producers out there, the PBS NewsHour neither provide none of its employees the opportunity to make a news anchor reel tape, a news reporter reel tape, and/or news producer reel tape. The PBS NewsHour does neither have the money, the equipment nor resources available. Find another news assistant position at another news media company as the PBS NewsHour does not provide this.

It is very difficult to be admitted into the news assistant programs (broadcast, digital/online, and social media) as it is very competitive. The PBS NewsHour will not inform applicants specifically why they weren't accepted and why their application has been declined. This program and this company constantly suffer from budget cuts on a consistent, regular basis. The PBS NewsHour has limited resources for all candidates/applicants and all employees.

Gwen Ifill Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weta.

Interview

She was very easy going and provided great career advice. It was quick and painless. Just be yourself and make sure you're familiar with the program. I think my interview went well, but it's a competitive position. there are so many applicants, so make sure that you stand out.

Animation Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weta (Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)) in May 2016.

Interview

First you have to apply online, it's the same for everyone no bypass. The you receive a mail (or not) to plan an interview with 2 or 3 member of your futur team. They are kind and ask specific question about the role. Then if your lucky yor will receive an email asking for references. And to finish the final answer.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience and my previous work.   1 Answer