Wholesale Interiors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wholesale Interiors Interview Questions

1.7

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wholesale Interiors.

Interview

When I walked in the first thing I noticed was how uninviting it was. The waiting area is a couple pieces of their furniture thrown together and not arranged nicely to even make the product look good.

Then when I met with the manager, they told me to wait some more because they were in a company meeting... who schedules an interview when they have a meeting? or why would you go to an unscheduled meeting when you already have a commitment for an interview at a certain time? Very disrespectful of me and my time.

It felt very much like they care only what they think of you and what you can do for the company but can't be bothered to present themselves well.... There's no consideration for giving the job applicant a good impression that the company is a nice place to work.

Other than that it was a very easy basic interview, nothing much to speak of.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wholesale Interiors (Bensenville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very Informal, easy interview with limited questions. The manager just want to figure out when I can start to work. They asked about my family, education and other personal questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wholesale Interiors (Bensenville, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The process I had to endure seems a lot more rigorous than the process the other people mentioned. I had a lengthy phone interview that asked the basic questions, career goals, strengths, weaknesses. Lasted about half an hour. I then had to meet the owners and go through another hour face to face. they check references and background check. All in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• How would your past managers rate you on a scale of 1-10 and why.   Answer Question

The commute for me was unfortunately to far

Order Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wholesale Interiors (Bensenville, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

just some general questions, like introduce myself, and tell something about my background. also talk about my previous work, they care what did i do before, and to see whether i am match with the position. they also care how much i know excel

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wholesale Interiors (Bensenville, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Sat for an hour, waited for manager. Finally went I to tiny office asked bizarre questions and waited another half hour to meet with owner who's a fast talking used car salesman.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I interviewed at Wholesale Interiors in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for 'Operations Supervisor'. First thing on the ad: 'manage a team'. Under qualifications 'at least 2 years experience managing a team'.

Unbelievably unethical hiring procedure: completed interview and then informed me that the position I was interviewing for would be open in 6 months. Until then, five people would be hired for customer service, and then one of the five would be promoted to the managerial slot.

Read their own ad to them to clarify the job. "No, I've seen it, I posted that ad."

Not sure what kind of procedure this is. Perhaps this is cultural? However, the 'sweatshop' mentality was not appealing, and the bait and switch is plain unethical. Once one of you is promoted, what kind of team would the other four make? Who would inflict such a scenario on their employees?

Workplace was unclean, felt cramped and poor air circulation.

Sample of their furniture in the waiting area was of poor quality and looked disposable.

Overall a very poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept (half the pay normally earned in this position) for the first six months?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wholesale Interiors (Bensenville, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Many of the job positions are listed on Craigslist and the initial job description was written cleverly and casually. Within just 2 or 3 days I was contacted via phone by the manager who left a voicemail and did not mention his name. Even though I had called back just a little bit after 5:00 PM the same day, nobody was in the office so I was forced to leave them a voicemail. I stated that I work 9-5 everyday so I could be most easily reached after 5 PM. The next day he called at 5:03 PM and left a message pointing out that it is 5:03 so he waited until after 5. Okay, well I don't know about most other people, but I do not *literally* punch out at five-zero-zero. Perhaps it was my fault to assume that the call would come more around 5:15 or later. After several days of telephone tag I ended up having to call him on my lunch break from work. He was nice on the phone and explained very briefly about the job and we arranged an interview for the following week.

The interview was very short--less than 20 minutes. I figured they had someone else in mind. I interviewed with the manager and one of the other Marketing staff. The interview was casual and I was just being my cheerful self the whole time. They asked all the normal questions. At the end I asked how long they had worked for Wholesale Interiors and the manager said "Since February" (it was April) and I asked why he left his previous job and he said he had a conflict with the management (hm...). The other staff worked there 6 years.

I was told that they had a few more interviews to do but that I would hear back from them. They called the next day (again, during 9-5 while I was at work) and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my HTML experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The manager e-mailed me the job offer along with the salary. There was no negotiation.