Wiley Rein Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wiley Rein Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley Rein (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, had a skype interview three weeks later. The HR rep who interviewed me had forgotten our scheduled call, called me 15 minutes late (because I called the office), asked general standard questions about my background and interest in the position, and described the position in more detail. I was invited to an interview at their office later that week. The interviewer told me more about the position and the firm, didn't ask me more than 2-3 questions. I followed up with an email after hearing nothing for two weeks. They had given the position to someone else and I suppose weren't going to bother telling me.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley Rein (Washington, DC).

Interview

Turned in resume and cover letter online. Received call for interview 4 days later, interviewed in person. Two one-on-one interviews and one interview with the attorneys in the practice group that I was applying to work with. Very friendly, no curveball questions- they just want to see that you have an actual interest in the job and won't leave after six months, and that you're intelligent and competent.

Interview Questions

• General questions about how your past experiences/coursework reflects your interest in the job, and contributed to your skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley Rein (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

You'll start with a phone interview with HR. It's pretty straight forward and is really meant to give you more information about the position. This is the best time to ask questions. Next, you'll interview with the practice support coordinator, who oversees all Project Assistants and Legal Assistants. Then, you'll come into the office for a final interview. If you're interviewing for a particular practice group, you'll meet with senior attorneys and associates.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you about specific projects or tasks you've worked on that demonstrate your abilities/experience.   Answer Question

Policy Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley Rein in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me that they would like to interview me. The woman from HR was difficult to communicate with as her responses were not prompt, but she seemed nice. We finally nailed down a time to meet and I took off work to be available for a Skype interview; I waited by the computer for an hour (I ended up missing two hours of work accounting travel time) and no one ever called. I emailed to follow up saying I would be happy to reschedule and the woman took a week to respond saying the position no longer exists. She never apologized or let me know day of there was no need to make myself available for an interview. Terrible hiring practice and rude.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley Rein (Washington, DC) in July 2012.

Interview

Met with Legal Support Manager one on one in her office. It seemed much more like a very friendly conversation than a Q&A session. Very fluid and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What book are you reading right now? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley Rein in March 2012.

Interview

I went through a recruiter and the process was fairly standard. A bit odd that I had to take a writing and editing test with many years of marketing experience, but the interviews and hiring process went smoothly, and they were respectful of my time. I had a phone interview followed by two in-person interviews, and then a background check before the final offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Again, everything was fairly standard, just asking about background and experience, and how I would handle marketing challenges that came up on a day to day basis.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wiley Rein (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

HR administered the following tests: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, typing and grammar. They asked questions regarding previous jobs and my skillset. Also asked questions regarding the amount of attorneys supported and the different practice areas I had worked within during my career.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult Attorney?   1 Answer