Wilfrid Laurier University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wilfrid Laurier University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.4

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

The most ridiculous interview I have ever had. 2 rounds interview with 2 sessions each. Each session I was Interviewed by 5 people for 45 minutes. During the interview each people take his/her chance to read a qustion that they had prepared on a paper. Very unprofessional.

That is obviously why U of Waterloo is U of Waterloo and Laurier can only be Laurier

Interview Questions

• If you find a cheet in budget(they used the fancy term "in favour of"), do you report to finance department first or do you report to faculty first?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Interview

Easy interview. Not too difficult. Asked very clear questions. Would recommend working here. Come to the interview prepared to answer questions about your past work experience and interests. Check university website for more positions.

Domestic Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked to prepare a 3-5 minute oral presentation that would be for potential incoming high school students + their parents.
    Process was: The presentation, followed by a few minutes of silence and note-taking, then ending with a Q/A including four questions from them as well as them asking if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the most independent undertaking you have gone through?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a manager or supervisor told you that you could improve somehow?   Answer Question
    • What is the toughest, most intense training you've undergone?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University.

Interview

It is all done through application. You had to apply to the position and it was based on grades and merit. You had to be applying for the program and indicate that you were interested in applying to be TA.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions it was all done through application   Answer Question

Educational Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Presented to hiring committee a training session that lasted for approximately 5 minutes. I sat for about 10-15 questions about technology and related experience by a committee that took notes and questioned how I would fit in from private sector to public sector. Was given wrong job description from beginning so I was left to figure out what the job was after hiring.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University.

Interview

Brief, offer was mostly based on marks and academic courses taken since no previous research experience is likely. Informal interview just discussing the research conducted and your fit in the lab.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Meeting with department and HR staff. I submitted online, then sent an email directly to the department manager, who I had a contact in common with. I was asked to come for one in-person interview that lasted about one hour long. I was contact about one week later with a job offer. The offer was non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Industry specific (tech qualifications). Situational (e.g., describe an experience where you had to....).   Answer Question

International Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers, one from International Office, the other a mentor herself, both friendly and easy to talk to. They took a lot of notes and had a long list of prepared questions. Most questions are typical interview questions focusing on cultural sensitivity and communication skills. They also asked about my understanding of the position and related rules. We had a pleasant conversation anyways.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a mentee does not reply to any of your emails?   Answer Question
    • Describe a past experience of a cultural shock. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How to best respect your mentee's culture? (i.e. incorporate cultural sensitivity into your job)   Answer Question
    • What do you think are some of the things a peer mentor should definitely not do on this job?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University in April 2015.

Interview

Submit application form on-line at around Feb and get interview at end of semester. School will give feedback at around June. Before interview, student will receive a topic to prepare a short demonstration during interview.

Registrar Office Personnel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

1 interview with a panel of 5 including HR Manager, perhaps 15 questions, 1 hr. Friendly and relaxed. Good questions. Enjoyed it. A very positive experience and panel provided helpful feedback following the decision. Got the feeling it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What are the characteristics of co-workers that I most like and dislike working with.   Answer Question