Wilhelmina Models Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wilhelmina Models

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilhelmina Models (New York, NY).

Interview

I got interviewed in front of 5 other employees. It was very uncomfortable. The interviewer was not giving her full attention to me and continued to have side conversations with other employees throughout the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wilhelmina Models (Miami Beach, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed in the Miami office by the office manager at the time. The Interview process was very brief. They asked basic behavioral questions. Overall they were very kind and the process was very quick. It was only one interview and I had a job offer a couple days later and started right away.

Model Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wilhelmina Models (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a very quick 15 minute interview. Met with friendly staff who then brought in two more agents to meet me. I was in and out.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wilhelmina Models (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. You must show that you're interested in fashion and models.

Interview Questions

• The people with whom I interviewed were very nice and didn't ask difficult "gotcha" questions.   Answer Question

Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wilhelmina Models (Miami, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

They have weekly open calls at all of their locations (NY, LA, Miami). Look online to see when they are in your area.

Height requirement for female models is 5’ 8” and above. They aren't interested in anyone much over 6 feet.

Dress: little make up and simple/natural dress code. Heels (not too high), jeans, solid color top is better. You don't want to wear ridiculous heels, too much make up, or look like you're going out.

Bring: Portfolio, swimsuit, and some digital snapshots.

You'll arrive, fill out a fairly simple form of general info- name, age, height, measurements, previous work, etc., You'll then wait for the receptionist to look over your portfolio, they'll bring it into the back office for review, and they might simply return it to you and say it's not the look they're going for but thank you for coming by.

If you get past that, an agent will come out, look through your porftolio with you, ask you some questions about your work. Many people lie about their height and age, so they'll often try to verify that too.

If they are still interested, they'll take some snapshots of you, and ask you to take some in your swimsuit as well.

They may have you take some test shoots with a photographer on file with them and see how those go. If all goes well, they will sign you, and start sending you out on auditions and see how you do.

Interview Questions

• They were very concerned about my age. And asked me in several different ways to verify it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You might be able to negotiate with some things, like child models and the parent participation.

Percentage of commission is not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wilhelmina Models (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2009.

Interview

Very unorganized, some internship all i did was make copies for 2 hours a day that was it!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Please demonstrate the appropriate rejection technique.   Answer Question

Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wilhelmina Models in August 2008.

Interview

I went in for an open call. A long line of models waited outiside of the Park ave location for about 10-15mins. I remember taking the elevator upstairs. I handed my book to the receptionist my book and sat down, I was asked to stay in 2009 I signed.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? Most agencies discriminate based on age, its a weeding out process. I lied upfront and told the truth in when doing the paperwork.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told that there was no room for me on the boards but I could come in under the Promo division and eventually I would be promoted if I built my port. I did just that and instead of promoting me they terminated me, good thing I was always proactive in my career.