William Paterson University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

William Paterson University Interview Questions

2.7

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haledon, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at William Paterson University (Haledon, NJ).

Interview

the interview process was fairly simple, they asked generic questions to get a feel for character and ability to handle certain situations as well as dealing with various people.

Interview Questions

• Give an instance that you dealt with a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Clerk Typist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at William Paterson University.

Interview

I applied to one position and was not offered the job. The university holds your resume for 6 months and happened to receive an offer for another interview in a different office. Went to the interview and sat in a room with all members of the office. After the interview, the hiring process took several weeks. I did not hear from the university until about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• No question was extremely difficult, but it was a large interview group and threw me off at the beginning.   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at William Paterson University (Fort Lee, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Via telephone, I did the interview. They mainly focus on how much experience on teaching, especially experience in assigned course. However, did not asked technical question related to the course.

Interview Questions

• How long did you teach the course?
      What kind of methods do you use when in classroom?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Laboratory Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at William Paterson University (Wayne, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

I was called for an interview after submiting a resume and cover letter based on an online job posing. For the interview I met with 4 faculty for one combined Q&A. They had a list of fairly standard questions that were asked to all applicants interviewed. Each interviewer asked another question or two of their own that was more focused on my particular background. It was clear that some of the interviewers did not get along. Also, I was indirectly asked if I was ok with being yelled at.

Interview Questions

• As this is a state job, how do you handle working with coworkers who are not very motivated and may not do their share?   1 Answer

Project Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at William Paterson University (Wayne, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Typical interview process asking why you are interested in said position, talk about your experiences, etc. She then went on to explain the hourly wage, hours (flexible), and what is expected of me. Very informative and laid back.

Negotiation

None. Since I was part time and in a grant-funded position, there was no negotiation of the wage.

Director of Student Activities Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at William Paterson University in December 2011.

Interview

Applied through an ad in the newspaper. I met with a number of administrators, faculty and students who asked stock questions, nothing very creative or imaginative.

Later I met with a few upper level administrators and faculty members. They all kept looking at each other instead of at me. They seemed unprepared. One faculty member slurred his speech, it seemed like he had been drinking. I asked some of my own questions but they did not give direct answers.

Very unprofessional administrators.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at William Paterson University (Wayne, NJ) in February 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed for a full day (9 AM - 7 PM).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They supposedly have little wiggle room because it is a NJ state university