Williams International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.3

Rotation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Williams International in March 2017.

Interview

Met with each of the department managers. Most seemed pretty casual, but also unprepared for the interview. Full day of interviews. Took me to lunch. Rather long day, but cool to see most aspects of the facility.

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Williams International (Ogden, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Great! It's a good company to work for worth great benefits and good location for me. I'm excited to start working with them when they need me. They want to know if you are going to be loyal to the company and work hard for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your previous experience on last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walled Lake, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Williams International (Walled Lake, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They got back to me a month later asking for an interview. The interview was basically a review of the projects I had listed on my resume. Very laid back and no technical questions. They asked me a few questions trying to gauge my level of interest in working for them. They offered me about 3 weeks after my interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walled Lake, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams International (Walled Lake, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Not a technical interview at all. Met with the 6 different Engineering department managers on a 1-on-1 basis. They were mainly interested in whether I was a good fit for moving from the south.

Engineer Rotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams International (Commerce Township, MI).

Interview

Interviewed for the Engineering Rotation Program. The interview consisted of a one on one interview with each of the heads of the separate departments. Everyone was pleasant but you did have to get interviewed 6 or so separate times.

The last interview was with the VP of Engineering who didn't even bother to read my resume and asked about my favorite non-engineering course.

I walked away thinking I'd slam dunked the interview but didn't get an offer. When I inquired about feedback or reasoning in the decision I did not get any response. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• There were no directly difficult questions, just typically asking to describe my previous work experiences.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams International in November 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with 2 people. One was the hiring person and the other one was the Software person working in their software department. The interview was 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my experiences with Programming and some technical questions too. They asked me how switch statements works.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer relocation assistance

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Williams International.

Interview

Talked to them at a university career fair and applied online through their website. I didn't here back for several months. I finally got a phone interview. Which they asked basic questions. A few weeks later I got a call with an offer.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walled Lake, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams International (Walled Lake, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email to set up a phone interview. I received phone call at the predetermined time and received my offer about 2 days later. There was a short window in which to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Coursework experience (general description), no technical questions although it is good to show you can talk about technical things in simple terms, Phone interview seemed to just test if you can hold a conversation with someone. This maybe depends on who conducts your interview.   Answer Question

Expansion Systems Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Williams International.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at a career fair
    Got a call a couple of months later to see if I could "answer a couple of questions"
    Interviewer asked questions about my experience right off my resume, no behavioral questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but didn't really try

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Williams International in August 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position and didn't hear anything for about a week, received a phone call to schedule the interview. I met with the Manager who mostly talked about himself, and then asked me one question, and then answered it for me.