Winebow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Winebow Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Winebow (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was with Robert and Half, the intermediate company for the contract. They didn't make it hard and the conversation went very smooth all the time. The interview lasted 30 minutes and in about a week I had an answer about the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could apply my knowledge based in my experience in another country in the company.   1 Answer

Wine Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Winebow (Montvale, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

I initially had a great interview experience. I first met with a member of management for an informal chat over coffee since I was local and was then asked in for a second interview with the same person and the head of HR. They were genuinely happy to talk to me and it was a great interview. I was told that no matter the decision they would contact me, so I set about waiting.

And waiting I have done! I have not heard back from them and the job is now not on their job board.

Interview Questions

• Since I have an education degree everyone asks why I am now in the wine business...   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Winebow (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was sent an email soon after and the process seems to be fairly quick with interviews. Some questions were asked about working for a wine distributer and that made it seem that they preferred someone more familiar with the wine business.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join a wine company?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Winebow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

What started off as a great interview process ended pretty poorly. The process begins with a candidate applying online, for which I received a pretty quick response for a phone screen. After that stage, a formal phone interview was conducted, and then an invitation for a in-office group interview was offered. For the in-office interview, I spoke with approxmiately 3 of the immediate managers and for the most part, the interviews go fairly smoothly. However, the process began turning poorly prior to final interviews - an invitation to meet with the top manager was made last minute, which I couldn't make and needed to reschedule. However, all contact was dropped despite my multiple emails between the branch manager and the corporate HR. It is clear now that I haven't received the position, however, instead of avoiding emails, I think it would be more professional for the company to respond directly and let an applicant know where they are in the process.

Interview Questions

• What experience/knowledge do you have about the wine industry? Why do you want to be in this industry?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winebow (Seattle, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

I know a few people who work for the company, on other brands, and they had told me great things about the group in Seattle. My resume was submitted for me and HR eventually called me. It's the wine busines. Somewhat glamorous, definitely a cool area to be in, Everyone I have met from the company has been really interesting. I only had one interview. The woman from HR called one afternoon and expected to talk right then. Unfortunatelly, I had no idea I would be hearing from her, so we scheduled it for the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is the salary range you're looking for?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Winebow (Montvale, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

a little bizantine. HR department has override on new hires even if direct supervisor of potential new hire has given thumbs up.
    Very corporate and very layered. Never quite understood why the hiring process needed to be so cumbersome especially since the caliber of the questions during the interview were not particularly probing or insightful.

Interview Questions

• don't remember, since my initial interview was 8 years ago. I just remember the overall tone and quality of the interview process as been basic, droning, repetitive, straight forward, and not particularly creative.   Answer Question

Negotiation

standard package is basic, it is up to the candidate to come up with creative (but logical and defensible) requests. If you are smart in what and how you ask you can get away with a lot.