WinnCompanies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WinnCompanies Interview Questions

Interviews at WinnCompanies

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WinnCompanies in June 2018.

Interview

Received a call about 11 days after I applied. Rep asked prescreening questions, then scheduled phone interview for the next day. Interviewers (2 community managers) were punctual, polite but very concise. I asked at 5-7 questions in return, interviewers answers were satisfactory. I was able to get a good read for management style.

Interview Questions

• What is a strength you possess?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at WinnCompanies (Chico, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted to determine candidacy for the position. I was first contacted via email to set the appointment. I was told it would be a 30 minute interview where I would find out more about the position and the company. Once the interview started, I was explained the first 15 minutes would entail interview questions I would need to answer, then the recruiter would leave the last 15 minutes to any questions I had. It was more of an interrogation than an interview. It was not difficult to discern the questions were related to conflicts they've been experiencing at the property in question. The questions sounded suspicious and distrusting as if the company assumes the interviewee is capable of further wrongdoing. I felt quite uncomfortable, not at all at ease. There was no warmth or friendliness on the interviewer's part. I was never explained anything about the company which led me to believe immediately I would not be selected as a candidate. In spite of my qualifications and experience, one would think they would leave the open possibility of interviewing for different positions in the future, but the call ended abruptly and coldly. I do not believe they will have success with future employees as there are deep-seated issues at the property which is so obvious by the types of questions they ask interviewees. Instead of being asked about talents, accomplishments, aspirations, goals, and so on, you are literally interrogated as a crime suspect. I asked, and they admitted they have not been able to keep an employee at the property for a stable amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave that position?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a difficult resident at a previous job.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a challenging maintenance issue of a past property.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you deal with conflicts with the maintenance department.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your philosophy on how maintenance and managers should work together.   Answer Question

Community Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evans Mills, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WinnCompanies (Evans Mills, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was fine. It was at a local restaurant which I thought was distracting and unprofessional. Management seemed down to earth. Was unsure about the questions, seemed a bit confused when they were asking questions- the interviewer was confused.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WinnCompanies in May 2015.

Interview

Normal interview, nothing out of the ordinary or too stressful. Filled out a lot of paperwork. Did have to agree to drug test and background check- not a problem but good to know

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WinnCompanies (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. I was very familiar with the company and its reputation at the time and was very pleased that the recruiter reached out to me. On my first visit, I was brought in to meet the individual who is now my supervisor and on my second visit, I got to tour the office and meet some of the executives.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WinnCompanies (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter. It lasted about 15 minutes. He wasn't vet personable and didn't really do a great job. But maybe he didn't like my answers. I never heard back even though he said he would call me in a few days.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WinnCompanies (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The Resume screeners / recruiters at this company are very incompetent and don't have any property management experience. They have very little industry knowledge and have no clue how to select the right candidates to fill vacant positions.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very mediocre and from a script.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WinnCompanies (Honolulu, HI) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was two hours, there were some very interesting questions mostly about management style. Be prepared to discuss past and future goals, different customer service situations and how you handled them. Work hours, team responsibilities, and future with company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WinnCompanies (East Windsor, CT) in June 2019.

Interview

The process was okay. I had a phone interview and 2 in person interviews. After my second interview, (That same day) the hiring manager Nancy at the Broadbrook CT location called me and asked me if I was still interested in the leasing position. I said of course I am. She said that she would call me back next week for a 4th sit down. I mean a 4th sit down did sound a little strange so, I kind of knew that she wasn't going to call me back. I did reach out to the office and leave a message for her though. I also called and emailed HR because I was very interested in the position. I feel like it was very misleading. Also, I set aside alot of time to go to these interviews to just be left on a cliff hanger which, is highly unprofessional. In the end, I was looking for a career that I could have been dedicated to for not only myself but, my family. But, in the end it was a huge waste of my time. Thank you

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What makes us think that your serious about this position?   1 Answer

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WinnCompanies (Killeen, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward with knowledgeable members of management. They do require you to review data and make managerial decisions based off of it. This is a model example of how interviews for managerial positions should be performed.

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinnCompanies (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

It took over a month for them to call me back to tell me that I got the position. I was past this job and looking for other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with customers who did not like the companies policies but trying to be nice even if they were extremely rude.   Answer Question