Winthrop University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.2

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC).

Interview

Very laid back and cordial. Made sure basics were understood and covered some of the benefits available to employees. Not very difficult or in-depth, but they knew who they wanted

Interview Questions

• How would you structure a database for tracking parking tickets?   Answer Question

Desk Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC).

Interview

This summer I asked the supervisor if there were any openings, and she told me yes. She took a little bit of time, and my application was lost but it was overall pretty quick and easy.

Negotiation

The pay is 8.25 at night but I wasn't comfortable doing that.

Winthrop Poll Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Group interview. Very casual and stress free process. Asked several questions about how you handle stressful situations then gave you a script to see how you would ask the questions. Then took you into the lab and let you try the software.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation you have been in where you had to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very quick-- I think I spent a total of 2 hours on campus? I did have a phone interview initially and there were some emails back and forth, but it was almost painfully simple. It may have been the shortest interview process I've ever been through.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with Assistant Director where they will have a casual interview to get to know what type of person you are, and if you are a good fit for them.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you had to accomplish?   Answer Question

Part-time Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC) in July 2012.

Interview

Met the Department Head and interviewed with him at the time and then discussed the position with Dean of the School of Business and then was asked if I would be interested in teaching the class.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly but the communication was poor. Overall, it was a good interview experience and they didn't ask difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to start work?   1 Answer

Residential Learning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC) in May 2009.

Interview

We can't officially interview candidates at conferences like many other universities until we have an official vacancy, so we can have intentional conversations. Overall the on campus interview was intense, but worthwhile. I learned a lot about the campus and the culture of the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation for my salary.