Wismettac Asian Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wismettac Asian Foods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Phone interview the first through Headquarters in CA, then go to in person interview.

I was asked to describe myself and past experience. The hiring manager is sales manager who is Japanese.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1st interview only:

I applied through CFN. Sent my English resume in and was soon emailed about a phone interview. The phone interview was more informative than it was interview-like. They'll ask a few questions about your dedication and interests and then they'll talk about the company and position and what it entails. I was actually pretty surprised I got past the first round, since I barely prepared. It lasted around 20 minutes.

They then send a follow up email with interview spots at the career forum in which they and you are attending. That interview is held there.

Following information isn't really the process, since I have yet to finish it.

Interview Questions

• What is your work history?
      Tell me about your work history.
      What is you [insert language] level? Can you introduce yourself in that language?
      Do you have an questions?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took around one to two weeks. You go in to check in with the HR assistant. They have you take an excel test, and the manager will ask some behavioral questions, and be prepared to ask questions about the role and the company

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Got hired at the Boston Japanese Career Forum. Interviewed with the recruiter first then had a couple more interviews with branch managers from different locations and got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why are you interested in the food industry? Do you like Japanese food? etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I went to CFN in Boston for the job interview. I submitted my resume to the booth on the first day of CFN and got a phone call to come in for the interview the next day. There are two rounds of interview. The first round is individual interview from one of the area team managers in the States; the second round there were two branch managers interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• There will be a lot of labor. Are you okay working this job as a girl?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter. He went through some basics about the position and the interview process.

Later that week, I got the phone interview from California. It was pretty straight-forward, involving general questions like: why chose this position, what's important for sales, and past work experience.

I went for the on-site interview the week after. It was even simpler than the phone interview. All they basically asked was "tell me about your education and work experience".

Didn't get the job, since I had limited experience in sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with its HR first. After I got through the process, I attended a career forum and had two more interviews with sales managers. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions like, "what would you do if your customer complained although it was not your fault? How do you handle the situation?"   Answer Question

Got a better job opportunity.

GL Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screening first, then interview with hiring manager at the sight. It took abourt an hour. No though questions. You need to explain why you left or you want to change your job. Also, if you are not US citizen, ask for US working visa sponcer. They will sponcer it. However, they do not want to support your greencard. So you have to think about it.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave the former job during the busy season?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me to sponcer H1-b visa

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

They said i would be driving a van in the interview.

Ha!

Not at all. Everyone drives a 5 tonne.

Total deception. Not trust worthy people. They straight up tell you that it is hard to find delivery drivers because of how difficult this job is not to mention frustrating and very little support.

Interview Questions

• Would you be open to working 60+ hours a week and deal with rude customers   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2013.

Interview

I met the representatives of Nishimoto Trading at the Tokyo Career Forum. They are looking for people who can move to their branch in the U.S. (no visa sponsorship for international students though). The job would include direct door-to-door sales pitching to Asian restaurants and supermarkets.

Interview Questions

• - Are you eligible to work in the U.S.?   1 Answer