Wismettac Asian Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview starts with writing an application (pointless if you submitted the online application on their ADP), then meet two managers. They will ask you about your experience, education and any examples or previous situations you handled in HR. Second interview is with the HR managers. That interview is summarizing everything from the first interview along with a couple of new questions. Once you reach that point, you'll see how everyone in management does NOT have a degree in HR and why they lack the basic fundamentals of HR. They fail in picking talent due to valuing experience over education. Since it is a heavily biased Asian company, have other options that are better compared to this place. Don't settle for this position or any here, if you do, be prepared to be a work horse with low pay and possible discrimination.

Sales Strategy Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Santa Fe Springs, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

They called me in for an interview at their headquarters. The first step was filling out an app. Around five minutes later I had an interview with two of the managers. Afterwards they had me take an excel test with questions ranging on making a graph, conditional formatting, vlookup, creating a pivot table, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Phone interview the first through Headquarters in CA, then go to in person interview.

I was asked to describe myself and past experience. The hiring manager is sales manager who is Japanese.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1st interview only:

I applied through CFN. Sent my English resume in and was soon emailed about a phone interview. The phone interview was more informative than it was interview-like. They'll ask a few questions about your dedication and interests and then they'll talk about the company and position and what it entails. I was actually pretty surprised I got past the first round, since I barely prepared. It lasted around 20 minutes.

They then send a follow up email with interview spots at the career forum in which they and you are attending. That interview is held there.

Following information isn't really the process, since I have yet to finish it.

Interview Questions

• What is your work history?
      Tell me about your work history.
      What is you [insert language] level? Can you introduce yourself in that language?
      Do you have an questions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took around one to two weeks. You go in to check in with the HR assistant. They have you take an excel test, and the manager will ask some behavioral questions, and be prepared to ask questions about the role and the company

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Got hired at the Boston Japanese Career Forum. Interviewed with the recruiter first then had a couple more interviews with branch managers from different locations and got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why are you interested in the food industry? Do you like Japanese food? etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I went to CFN in Boston for the job interview. I submitted my resume to the booth on the first day of CFN and got a phone call to come in for the interview the next day. There are two rounds of interview. The first round is individual interview from one of the area team managers in the States; the second round there were two branch managers interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• There will be a lot of labor. Are you okay working this job as a girl?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter. He went through some basics about the position and the interview process.

Later that week, I got the phone interview from California. It was pretty straight-forward, involving general questions like: why chose this position, what's important for sales, and past work experience.

I went for the on-site interview the week after. It was even simpler than the phone interview. All they basically asked was "tell me about your education and work experience".

Didn't get the job, since I had limited experience in sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with its HR first. After I got through the process, I attended a career forum and had two more interviews with sales managers. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions like, "what would you do if your customer complained although it was not your fault? How do you handle the situation?"   Answer Question

Got a better job opportunity.

GL Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wismettac Asian Foods (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screening first, then interview with hiring manager at the sight. It took abourt an hour. No though questions. You need to explain why you left or you want to change your job. Also, if you are not US citizen, ask for US working visa sponcer. They will sponcer it. However, they do not want to support your greencard. So you have to think about it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me to sponcer H1-b visa