Woodhouse Day Spa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Woodhouse Day Spa Interview Questions

Interviews at Woodhouse Day Spa

2.2

SPA Attendant Interview

Interview

quick and easy, they are just looking for someone to keep the spa well maintained, if you have no spa experience that's ok because there isn't much you need to know except don't talk loudly

SPA Concierge Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Woodhouse Day Spa.

Interview

I filled out an application from the front desk, and left it with a copy of my resume with the concierges. I don't remember how long it was until I received a call for an interview, but I dressed professionally (which is what you want to do--no jeans for this interview), and was asked to wait in the tea/quiet room for a manager. A manager came and asked me into her office. After the interview, I was asked when I could start and we went from there. I had a few referrals from people who worked there, so I think the process went a little quicker for me than it did for others.

Interview Questions

• I actually stumbled on the requested salary question, because I had only worked retail and was getting $8.25/hr. The San Antonio locations start at $10, so that was good to find out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Woodhouse Day Spa (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very wordy interview and very long wait time before I was seen by a manager entire interview was about 2+ hours, made it very clear that hours are NOT flexible, very sales driven, a lot of standing

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Woodhouse Day Spa (Carmel, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted via email to schedule and interview. After a few emails and text messages a place and time were agreed on and the interview was set. We were both on time. We just sat and talked about the spa and my background as well as what I felt my strengths were and why was I interested in the spa industry.

Interview Questions

• Was led to believe that the retail needed some focus and I would primarily concentrate in that area and my background was retail so seemed like a good match. Computers were not mentioned......and the salon specific software was not discussed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very quick and agreeable.

SPA Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Woodhouse Day Spa (Carmel, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

Responded to an employment ad. Strangely that wasn't even why they called me, they called me after they sought me out via my posted resume on a job search site. Played phone tag and emailed and texted both director and owner. Told to call manager for interview. Pretty sure NONE of these three had any communication with each other. Got a phone message back from manager and a text back from director and an email from the owner. Finally, met with director one evening. Hit it off famously, both of us seemed excited about the prospect of having me join their staff, although didn't really feel like I was at an interview, more of a casual meet and greet where nothing about their impossible computer software was brought up and it's difficulty level or level of sofistication. Then, I was contacted by the owner for an early coffee one morning and started work the following day.

Interview Questions

• My retail expertise and successes were what they were most focused on, but there is no way to really sell much due to the check in and check out routine. It's more like working at a hotel front desk than anything else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short. She offered, I accepted. It sounded like my dream job. I was elated to get the offer and I couldn't have been more disappointed with the experience.

SPA Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Woodhouse Day Spa (Orlando, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went very well. then i meet in person with the owner and she displayed very verbally abusive behavior towards the staff. She also acted like she was the best in the industry not realizing my 12 years of experience and her 5 years. She has a very bad reputation in town and that is what made me hesitate to interview but i gave it a shot and im glad i declined. She was already texting me on the weekends asking me questions and was worried because i wasn't getting back to her. Sorry lady, i don't take disrespectful talk and i'm not even on your payroll. Get away....

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working the front desk?   1 Answer

Manicurist Interview

Interview

Interview with owner was professional. The practical was terrible. "Lead" manicurist and "model" spent entire time chatting about non work related personal issues. The nail tech next to me was doing a manicure on a client and set her client's drink on my area which had implements/tools which had been used on my model. Unsanitary and unprofessional.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Woodhouse Day Spa (Orlando, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was first on the phone, followed by an in-person meeting. Overall, we went over the daily requirements of the job, followed by a conversation centered around past work experience. Management was clear about the crazy (busy) environment!

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the industry before?   1 Answer

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Woodhouse Day Spa.

Interview

Applied for the position VIA Indeed & was contacted by manager two days later. I interviewed at a particular location. I arrived 15 minutes early, professionally dressed with resume in hand. I have many years experience in this field and have also held management positions. I sat there as the staff and manager had a conversation on what to order for lunch. I was given absolutely no eye contact until ten minutes after my scheduled interview time even though the manager had enough time to chit chat with the staff. I was led to a massage room and I handed my resume over. I was told that she couldn't "read" it (don't ask me why as all my modalities were clearly listed in a conceise manner). I was asked to rate my skills in different modalities from 1-10 which is insulting to me as a therapist. I obviously am not going to say 10 and sound conceited and I'm not going to say 2 and sound insecure. It was very odd. I was told that therapists are expected to perform up to 8 sessions a day & when I explained this wasn't possible and isn't the norm in the industry, I was almost looked at as if I was crazy for saying so. I got the sense that this particular establishment is very money hungry and only cares about how much you can earn for them. It all comes down to management as it is a franchise. I was also dressed to give a practical as I drove 45 minutes to the interview and a practical is the norm and told if I was deemed fit for the job that on my second interview, I'd give the practical. Okay no problem. I then asked salary to which I was told, "we don't discuss that until we are ready to hire you". I interviewed for one location and then was told the position was for a location over an hour away from my home. I was very disappointed. Wood house has a spectacular reputation and bad managers are ruining it. They lost a talented therapist.

Interview Questions

• How many massages can you do in one day?   1 Answer

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Woodhouse Day Spa (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on Indeed and received an email asking to set an interview within a few days. I was shown around the spa and then left in the relaxation room for a short wait while the manager finished some other business before meeting with me.
    When we discuss skills and pay scale, I was interested. However, when I told the interviewer that my availability wouldn't allow me to work both weekend days, only one or the other, I was told that they were only looking to hire therapist that could work full shifts Friday through Sunday. I then told her that I was afraid I wasn't going to be a good fit and we ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      Describe your skill set and style.
      Are you comfortable selling packages to your clients?   Answer Question