Worcester Polytech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Worcester Polytech Interview Questions

2.8

Advancement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Worcester Polytech (Worcester, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was selected for an interview and met within a weeks time. Originally I was told I was to meet with 4 people at 2 different times, I ended up meeting with 3 people at one time. I had thanked the interviewers and followed up numerous times. I eventually found out they hired someone else when I researched the department online. They never informed me they chose another candidate. It would have been professional to follow up with me and let me know, just be honest.

Interview Questions

• Name one time I was in a position where I manages a project? Describe that project...   Answer Question
    • They asked about the gap in my work experience from 8 years ago...   Answer Question
    • What would be an obstacle that I would need to overcome in this position?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Worcester Polytech (Worcester, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The first interview was done through Skype and felt much more of a "get to know you" situation. As much as they interviewed me, I was able to interview the core team and really get a sense as to whether they would be a good fit for me as a professional. The second interview involved spending 3 hours on campus. Prior to coming to campus, I was asked to send a portfolio with examples of my design work. First I met with the Associate Director and she debriefed me a bit. The next part involved having a variety of staff - tech team members, faculty, and others - at a table shooting questions at me from all angles for over an hour. It was incredibly stressful at points, but the core team that I had Skype'd with originally were very supportive and acted as buffers. Following the interview, I was given a tour of the campus and was able to ask questions as they cropped up, as well as meet some of the team members outside of an interview setting. The day was wrapped up by going over benefits with an HR representative.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the most important aspect of working with a subject matter expert is?   Answer Question

Mail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Worcester Polytech (Worcester, MA).

Interview

Simple quick and easy. It was not a hard position to apply for, but in the end it has been very fruitful. It has met my needs as a student while also being very flexible on time regarding meetings and other academic requirements.

Interview Questions

• How flexible with different kinds of work are you?   1 Answer

Interview

they just have you teach a math problem to them as if you are a student, then you talk about your performance in your previous math courses and if you seem like you can communicate well and teach well then they'll give you a shot. the math problem they ask you to teach is selected from a short list of problems they provide beforehand, so it's not a big surprise or anything

Interview Questions

• "pretend to teach me how to do this math problem"   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Worcester Polytech (Worcester, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was the same intense dog and pony show that is typical of institutions this size and reputation. I got some bad vibes during the interview and had pretty much decided I wasn't going to take the job if it was offered (which it wasn't), but the call I got felt unnecessarily harsh. It felt like they were rubbing it in that I wasn't being offered the job. I was told "your qualifications don't match our needs" and I wanted to response "then why did you bring me to campus?" but I didn't. Also, it took forever to get reimbursed for my travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Tell us some conclusions to the article you're still writing.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Worcester Polytech.

Interview

good i liked it. it was good overall. professor themselves takes an interview to select.good i liked it. one round of personal interview was done to select from the process.

Negotiation

none

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Worcester Polytech (Worcester, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied the interview online through the school official website. Then a receive a mail regarding the phone call. The interview went smooth. nothing too technical but mainly the previous experience regarding VB and access control.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worcester Polytech.

Interview

There was en email exchange about the job position. It was fairly simple and laid-back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated what additional hours I could have out of class.

Lab Assistant Interview

Interview

went to the job fair where I talked with the lab manager who told me about the job. I then submitted the required paperwork and started working imediatly

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Worcester Polytech.

Interview

I just mailed the Director, telling him of my intentions to join a robotics lab as a graduate student, but having not having any real experience with robotics. He said i should apply for an SA position and get involved with the undergraduate students...and that was it!