Workopolis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Director, SMB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Workopolis (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Shawn D'Souza (I was living in another city at the time), received and returned an Offer, completed the reference check and background check, received a Letter of Employment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with your time if you were given a personal day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, I accepted my Offer as is.

Technical Support Specialist (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workopolis (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done it two phases. A video interview and then an in person interview with a short quiz.

The interview process was different and convenient. It was my first time doing a video interview. It proved to be very convenient and not that intimidating once you follow the instructions and practiced some of the questions so that you can see how you will look.

The in person interview was a bit more relaxed to see if I was a good fit for the team that I was joining. It was a pleasant experience.

A lot of companies should take this approach in their process.

Interview Questions

• The position I was interviewing for was a technical role, so the questions were not hard and once you have been in the industry and have knowledge of the area,   Answer Question

Junior Accounting Administrator Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workopolis (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral which followed with an interview. I met with 2 individuals during the interview which turned out to be smooth and relaxing (not stressful). They asked me about my skills and experience including the opportunity to ask questions. They were very easy-going and the interview felt more like a conversation of getting to know about what they do at Workopolis and how i can help.

Interview Questions

• Who would you consider are the stakeholders in a company?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workopolis.

Interview

I sent in my resume via email. Was sent an email requesting me to take a video interview. A few days later I received a call for an in person interview. Was interviewed by four other people in the room. I was asked several questions about myself and my ability to perform the duties of the job. I was also given plenty of opportunity to ask questions about the company as well. For having so many individuals in the room interviewing me, I did not feel intimidated or like I was getting grilled. It felt like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your current manager how would they describe you?   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workopolis (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview had two parts:
    - First, it was an online interview where you record you answers and after send them. Workopolis uses a very easy online software to do this process.
    -Second, if you succeed you will be invited to in-person interview. For in-person interview you need to come prepared but it does not feel so stressful. People are very kind and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to write a simple Fibonacci sequence method.   1 Answer

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workopolis (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview, which was with marketing directors on the B2C and B2B sides, felt more like a conversation among colleagues than a formal interview. It was friendly and relaxed and provided a good background on the business and the expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you gives examples of content you produced that worked well (and others that didn't)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation involved. The offer was in line with me expectations and experience.

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Workopolis (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward, a little longer than I would say it should have been. I would say the HR interview was very informal, just wanting to get basic information. The final interview was probably the one that I had to prepare the most for.

Interview Questions

• You have to present a 30-60-90 plan   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workopolis in January 2016.

Interview

There were three runs of interview: HR asked some behavioral questions followed by other two technical interview sections. The technical interview was relatively intense as the managers prepared questions in a few fields - but they were all relevant to the role. After all the interviewers were very friendly; they provided a good introduction to the company and they always gave clear answers to my questions.

Interview Questions

• For the data scientist position, they asked technical questions related to probability, database (mainly SQL), Hadoop ecosystem and machine learning concepts&projects.   Answer Question

Corporate Development Interview

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in-person interview

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workopolis (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by in person interviews with Manager and HR again, and then the VP. Background/reference check. Tour of the office. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioural type questions (tell me about a time you did such and such).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.