KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 79 of over 90 reviews

3.1
Workopolis President Andrea Ziegler
Andrea Ziegler
Pros
  • "Great people and lots of interesting work(in 13 reviews)

• "Great culture and work colleagues(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The senior management response is to have a secretive Mass layoff (30 people in Nov 2012) to save face with the board(in 4 reviews)

• "no room(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dying company

Oct 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun working atmosphere, great parties, strong teams

Cons

Management directions, layoffs, lots of voluntary departure, focus on sales rather on technology

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great working environment

Jul 15, 2021 - Financial Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Freedom to work autonomously. Lots of responsibility and accountability. Good pay. reasonable working hours

Cons

Difficult competitive envrionment ultimately led to the company being sold. tough decisions needed to be made yearly (restructuring)

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very difficult and irrational management - not worth it

Feb 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office space and specious nice

Cons

This is to review real estate developer with the head office at 85 Renfrew Drive, Markham - for everyone who is considering being employed by this company - think twice. The management is exceptionally toxic thinking that everything should be either their way or no way. There is no dialog between the management and employees - just the instructions that you have to follow without questing them. They only want to see in their employees obedience and submissiveness. Unfortunately, being a young company with a different cultural background without any experience working in Canada and Ontario, their instructions also usually range from simply ridiculous borderline outrages. If you don't want to loose your good professional reputation and your voice, do not go work there. PS did I mentioned that they will constantly expect you to do overtime without any extra pay?

4. 4.0

Good Company

Mar 15, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People Good Culture Good Location Fun Events Good People

Cons

None that I can think of

5. 3.0

Not bad

Feb 16, 2021 - Currently Unemployed in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work structure, adept at management, good customer service

Cons

Carrot dangle criteria, insufficient work ratings

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good company

Jul 16, 2020 - Data Scientist in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best team work and can get lot of experience here

Cons

work load and there is no time limit

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A Case Study in Disruption

Jan 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you were fortunate to land on the right team in the right era, real investment and mentoring was available. Some pockets of the company had remarkable cohesion and deep talent. During its heyday, Workopolis invested in technology and talent and produced some good results. Periods of good leadership.

Cons

Workopolis was a marketing company that ultimately couldn't compete against engineering focused companies. Failure to adapt and respond, sacred cows, refusal to properly acknowledge and learn from mistakes, and internal misalignment contributed to its demise. Lack of insights and over reliance on Hail Mary products that never successfully materialized left it ripe for disruption. Arrogance in certain senior leaders destroyed much of the good culture.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee

It was wonderful for a time

Mar 2, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Workopolis was extraordinary. I've worked at other organizations praised for great cultures, but the people at Workopolis really made it a great place to work. One notable example--when longtime employees left the company, we'd have a sendoff party and former employees, some who hadn't worked there in years, would come to the celebration.

Cons

Unfortunately, the company was dragged down by a crippling re-platforming in 2007 or so, and the tech debt hampered it for many years. Also, the owners seemed content to invest in marketing over technology or product.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

If I were to leave Workopolis one day, the people will be what I miss the most.

Apr 21, 2014 - Corporate Development in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at large corporations before. In a lot of big companies, you feel like a number as you are just one of the hundreds of people working in the office...But here at Workopolis, people are so nice and respectful. People care about each other. It actually feels like a family. I started with an entry level position and I always feel that I have a say in the projects I'm involved with. And it is a really great feeling when your voice is heard and appreciated by the management. I am really lucky to have a great manager who is very supportive and caring. I feel really comfortable to come to her whenever I have a question or problem at work. And with her help, I was able to grow both personally and professionally.

Cons

Sometimes communication between departments can be an issue. For the same project, different people may not have the same level of commitment.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic place to work and belong

Nov 23, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Culture, Solid Compensation, Good Benefits, Great Autonomy, Excellent Vacation, Excellent Leadership Team - this is a unique place to work. People really matter and leadership cares about both you and what you deliver to the organization equally. Overall, my time here has been engaging, fun, and challenging. Totally pleased with the experience.

Cons

Data Systems are inconsistent but improving, Pricing is ever evolving and a bit slow to keep pace with the industry, Consistency of service delivery and support can be improved. Times are tough these days with all of the new competition entering the market but we're still doing a great job delivering results.

2 people found this review helpful