World Duty Free Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at World Duty Free

2.5

Assistant Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at World Duty Free (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. It included an intense background check, reference checks, multiple phone and in person interviews with incredible delay. They were unwilling to negotiate salaries for potential employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle disgruntled employees?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Duty Free (Bethesda, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received phone call from their HR two weeks later.
    The questions during interview were all behavioral/no technical questions. One hour in total.
    Questions like your strength/weakness, tell me about your self, your organizational skills, how to deal with difficult people.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your manager insist on something that you believe that is wrong?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Duty Free (Richmond, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Excellent experience- interviewing team were very respectful and made you feel comfortable. Very good follow up and focus on your resume. They were well organized and versed on your background.
    I liked they were friendly yet professional. The office is difficult to find so suggest arriving extra early due to parking and airport traffic.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult if you come prepared with examples of talents and opportunities   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I applied with this company before transition to World Duty Free Group North America. I had been an hourly associate. I was initially contacted by the district manager and a local store manager. I was asked questions about my experience in retail and management. I was asked some scenarios regarding various retail and management situations. (It has been a few years so I don't remember exact details.) I was asked how long I planned to be with the company and what my long term goals are. I was then interview by the operations manager. I do not remember the questions in that interview, but it wasn't very long. I was offered the opportunity to open a new store at our location.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe you can discipline and correct associates when it is appropriate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I thought the offer was reasonable so I accepted it immediately.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Duty Free (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Two weeks to call
    A month to do background check and fingerprint
    2-3 days to get you set up classes and orientation
    Some background check take longer than other so it's not accurate 30 minutes interview I had to pay $17 for parking

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you get into a dispute with a co-worker?
      Are you willing to let management know about any unpleasant and suspicious action?   1 Answer

Negotiation

$8.50 but I was expecting more

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Duty Free (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

We talked about why i wanted to join and what makes me stand out. We sat and spoke of the fundamental of the company. He explained to me what to and not to do while working. He explained to me how to up-sale and he made me up-sale him a pen he had on him. I answered by saying, " You have a notebook with no pen let me help you out by letting you buy this brand new pen for your flight."

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than the last person i interviewed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at World Duty Free (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

Quick interview and they just going to ask for your availability and you’re hired on the spot the next day. The next day you fill out paperwork and start your training with other people in orientation with you.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at World Duty Free (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview was pretty chill.. relaxing... laid back.. it went really fast and the questions weren't that hard.... it was more of like having a casual talk with your friends or co-workers..

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at World Duty Free (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Go around the room, and introduce yourself.
    Do two group activities ( To see if you can provide excellent customer service. )
    5 Minute Break.
    One on One interviews.
    They will call you to take a drug test if they are interested.
    Advice: Dress Casual, but professional. They really look at that. Make sure you come early with a positive attitude!

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? ( They ask a little more, but it's confidential. )   Answer Question

Customer Service Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at World Duty Free (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter to schedule an appointment with the Operations Manager met with another candidate but were interviewed separately. I was told someone would follow up for a second interview. No one ever did so I was calling the recruiter to find out about the next step. She said she would call me when she found out any more. She never did and was not returning my calls or e-mails. Totally ignoring me .

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a challenging project and still service the customer.   Answer Question