World Food Programme Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.2

Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Food Programme (New York, NY).

Interview

oral interview took half an hour.First we are being called for a written exam.there we 7 people in the written exam. According to the resutls, 4 people are being called for an interview. we will be able to learn the result of the interview in the following days.

Interview Questions

• what are my responsibilities in my current job   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Food Programme (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It took me a long time to hear from them after my application. more than a month.
    Interview was done via phone, followed by a short written test where I had to write about a topic related to the job assignments.

Interview Questions

• When was the time you had difficulty working in a team and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Food Programme (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I have applied for an administrative position at WFP's DC office on Friday and they contacted me next Monday. Even though the position is based in DC office, the interview took place in NYC, so the interviewer preferred to spend Non-profit's $$$ to make people travel to meet her. They did paid for the travel though, but only after I begged for it in two months. There were three people in the conference room, but two of them were sitting taking notes. The interviewer didn't even bother to ask me what my name was and immediately started reading questions that pretty much sounded like personality test, same questions were rearranged and rephrased and after a dozen of them, I got really annoyed. Be ready for very annoying behavioral-type questions. The interviewer had a grading scale from 1 to 5 on her paper, where "1" was "Worst" and "5" "Best", and each time after I was done answering the question, she was marking the scale without giving a regard if I saw it or not. I have never been contacted after the interview, nobody bothered to reply to my Thank You letter. The post has been re-advertized two months after my interview.

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Food Programme.

Interview

The invitation letter to written test came after 2 months of application. There were 5 questions to be answered within 2 hours. Mostly assesting your past experience and skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about innovative approach that you applied during the project monitoring and reporting.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Food Programme in June 2017.

Interview

This was a written test. Invitations were sent out about a month after application and just a few days before the test date. Staff were nice and welcoming. Venue was not set up on time so the test started a little behind schedule.

Interview Questions

• As a Programme officer at wfp, what are some of the government policies that are relevant to wfp's emergency response and state briefly the elements of these policies.   Answer Question
    • What are the necessary conditions for transition from emergency response to livelihood/recovery interventions?   Answer Question
    • Two villages are adjacent to each other with a stream flowing from one and then to the other. One village is agriculturally prosperous while the other cannot produce enough food. Food Security indicators are measured in the two villages and it is discovered that children in both villages are stunted.

1. Why are the children on both villages stunted even when one was doing well agriculturally?

2. What actions would you recommend that wfp take in the two villages?
      Answer Question
    • What activities are carried out in
      1. Emergency response
      2. Livelihood/recovery response
      Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Food Programme in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to attend a written test with 9 candidates as a first step of selection process.The questions contain two parts, the first part examines your knowledge and background of monitoring and evaluation.
    The second part examined your reporting and analysis skills. I am still waiting for the results to determine the eligible candidates fir the interview stage as 3 weeks passed since undertaking the written test.

Communications Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Food Programme.

Interview

I applied online, and it took a while for them to get back to me. They did, by e-mail. Before the interview, I had to do a test in two hours. it consisted of two questions: to draft a press release and another one to write a one-pager about a certain project.

Business Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankara (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at World Food Programme (Ankara (Turkey)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process included written test and oral interview. Three weeks after written test, we have been invited for oral interview. It took about 20 minutes. There were 4 panel members, including HR assistant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you carried out a project with little supervision or preparation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have brought an innovative approach.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have worked with a colleague, having difficulties in communicating with other employees.   Answer Question

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankara (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Food Programme (Ankara (Turkey)) in December 2016.

Interview

I got an email about the written test two weeks (I'm not very sure but it was not more than three weeks) after the deadline of the application. A week later I entered the written test. A week later I got an email stating I passes the written test and I would have an interview 10 days later. The interview was completely based on the competency. It was not about assessing my knowledge about finance. It took almost 25 minutes. Approximately 4 weeks later I got an email starting with "We regret to..."

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when your counterpart was reluctant and you had a strict deadline. How did you hande the situation?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time when your friends were doing something unethical. Whay was your reaction?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your previous agency?   1 Answer

Knowledge Management Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Food Programme in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed in Nairobi. The process took about a year.

The interview took place after a written test. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people.

I have to say I blundered the interview; I had studied the subject matter (knowledge management) because I thought that was what I was going to be asked about. I found out later on that it was a competency-based interview that had a different set of questions.

I had to answer questions on the fly while my rivals had probably prepared better responses. I must have come across as unprepared for the interview (sucks to be me). At least now I know better.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency-based questions that I read up on after the interview.   Answer Question