World Food Programme Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Food Programme Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Food Programme (New York, NY).

Interview

oral interview took half an hour.First we are being called for a written exam.there we 7 people in the written exam. According to the resutls, 4 people are being called for an interview. we will be able to learn the result of the interview in the following days.

Interview Questions

• what are my responsibilities in my current job   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Food Programme (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It took me a long time to hear from them after my application. more than a month.
    Interview was done via phone, followed by a short written test where I had to write about a topic related to the job assignments.

Interview Questions

• When was the time you had difficulty working in a team and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Food Programme (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I have applied for an administrative position at WFP's DC office on Friday and they contacted me next Monday. Even though the position is based in DC office, the interview took place in NYC, so the interviewer preferred to spend Non-profit's $$$ to make people travel to meet her. They did paid for the travel though, but only after I begged for it in two months. There were three people in the conference room, but two of them were sitting taking notes. The interviewer didn't even bother to ask me what my name was and immediately started reading questions that pretty much sounded like personality test, same questions were rearranged and rephrased and after a dozen of them, I got really annoyed. Be ready for very annoying behavioral-type questions. The interviewer had a grading scale from 1 to 5 on her paper, where "1" was "Worst" and "5" "Best", and each time after I was done answering the question, she was marking the scale without giving a regard if I saw it or not. I have never been contacted after the interview, nobody bothered to reply to my Thank You letter. The post has been re-advertized two months after my interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Food Programme (Rome (Italy)).

Interview

I passed the Computer Skills Tests and the English Proficiency Tests at FAO and the person who chose me was in need of someone who had passes the tests to make sure she could receive the help she needed

Interview Questions

• She explained the job only and told me my salary   1 Answer

Government Partnerships Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Food Programme (Cairo (Egypt)).

Interview

It was a panel interview of three ladies and a lady from the HR Department in a meeting room. It took around twenty five minutes. One lady was extremely friendly, one was neutral and the the third was quite unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about yourself. They also asked for previous case studies that demonstrate ability to work in a team or work under pressure.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at World Food Programme (Rome (Italy)) in October 2017.

Interview

Meeting with 3 interviewers. Normal interview questions with nothing unexpected really. They did ask what I knew about WFP so be able to eloquently talk about what WFP does and why your interest in this specific UN branch.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Food Programme in June 2017.

Interview

This was a written test. Invitations were sent out about a month after application and just a few days before the test date. Staff were nice and welcoming. Venue was not set up on time so the test started a little behind schedule.

Interview Questions

• As a Programme officer at wfp, what are some of the government policies that are relevant to wfp's emergency response and state briefly the elements of these policies.   Answer Question
    • What are the necessary conditions for transition from emergency response to livelihood/recovery interventions?   Answer Question
    • Two villages are adjacent to each other with a stream flowing from one and then to the other. One village is agriculturally prosperous while the other cannot produce enough food. Food Security indicators are measured in the two villages and it is discovered that children in both villages are stunted.

1. Why are the children on both villages stunted even when one was doing well agriculturally?

2. What actions would you recommend that wfp take in the two villages?   Answer Question
    • What activities are carried out in
      1. Emergency response
      2. Livelihood/recovery response   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Food Programme.

Interview

The invitation letter to written test came after 2 months of application. There were 5 questions to be answered within 2 hours. Mostly assesting your past experience and skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about innovative approach that you applied during the project monitoring and reporting.   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Food Programme in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to attend a written test with 9 candidates as a first step of selection process.The questions contain two parts, the first part examines your knowledge and background of monitoring and evaluation.
    The second part examined your reporting and analysis skills. I am still waiting for the results to determine the eligible candidates fir the interview stage as 3 weeks passed since undertaking the written test.

Business Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankara (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at World Food Programme (Ankara (Turkey)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process included written test and oral interview. Three weeks after written test, we have been invited for oral interview. It took about 20 minutes. There were 4 panel members, including HR assistant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you carried out a project with little supervision or preparation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have brought an innovative approach.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have worked with a colleague, having difficulties in communicating with other employees.   Answer Question