World Pantry Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 6 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at World Pantry

World Pantry

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Pantry in Sep 2020

Interview

An initial phone call was done to set up a Zoom interview with the hiring manager. The next step was a Zoom interview with the other team members. Overall it was a very good flow of conversation.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a scenario that has little to no information regarding a new promotion for a new product with a very tight timeline that is less than what the standard lead time is.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at World Pantry (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2019

Interview

Started with a phone screening, then an onsite. Appeared to be a friendly office, but also a bit clicky . I wasn't offered a tour of the office. Each person I met with had a different personality and had been with the company for a long time. They were all pleasant. A few days after my onsite, I was called back to discuss salary. The recruiter claimed she didn't know the salary range they're willing to pay for this role, yet requested a range from me. I never heard back from them after that. My guess is they want someone right out of school more interested in gaining experience than getting paid. I find it unprofessional and disrespectful to leave a potential employee in the dark after they've taken time out of their day to come in for an onsite interview. I don't feel this company values their employees for that reason.

Interview Questions
  • Have you had experience working with developers or engineers?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at World Pantry (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

Extensive, phone and in office , shadowing, 2 hours plus, phone screen, quick turn around. Friendly environment. Multiple 1:1, Craigslist post . Offer on the spot . Met with senior management

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Pantry (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Found listing on job portal from the university I graduated from and applied through email as the posting stated. It took over a month for any response despite my follow-ups. After this, they set up a phone interview, which was a very unpleasant experience. Although I explained through email before setting up the interview that I was finishing up a temp contract, I could be available during a specific time window, the interviewer was 15 minutes late and conducted a phone interview that lasted over an hour. When my break was over, I even let them know that I needed to honor my commitment to my current job and return to my post and the interview pushed the conversation further and kept me trapped in the phone call for 20 minutes over the time I said I was available. It was very inconsiderate and uncomfortable. Secondarily, the interviewer argued with me on the definitions of multiple business terms and talked down to me throughout the interview, even going out of their way to say the CalState University I graduated from a few years prior wasn't a valid university for work in San Francisco. It was degrading and frustrating. I am writing this review a whole year later because the negative experience was something I didn't want holding me down during my job search, but as I am now receiving job descriptions from them in my email, I felt compelled to share the experience. I advise job seekers to be wary with phone interviews like this.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Pantry (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2015

Interview

It was a very long process. Initial call back from submitting resume was fast, but a long delay in between multiple interviews. When they had me come onsite for interviews, it took several hours. I meet with a line manager, shadowed reps on the phone and also meet with the Director. Each conversation was very different. They described the interview process, if I went forward, would be reschedule and come back and do more interviews with the COO and if that went well with the CEO. No HR or recruitment involved at all.

Interview Questions
  • Normal questions over the phone. Very relaxed; said they we're trying to understand my phone voice quality and personality. Onsite interviews were pretty standard - at least as far as I got.
1 person found this interview helpful

World Pantry

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Pantry

Interview

They had schedule a 10 a.m. phone interview and no one ever called back. I called the Customer Service Manager 30 minutes after our scheduled time and all I got was her voicemail. Not impressed AT ALL

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed