WriterBay.com Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at WriterBay.com

WriterBay.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WriterBay.com

Interview

You register on their website, then you take a tutorial and submit a short writing sample, and a longer writing sample. You also have to submit your college transcripts. There is a grammar test too.

Interview Questions
  • If you could time travel back to any point in history to change an event, when would you go and what would you do?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WriterBay.com (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Very tedious, the support is petty they require one to have a diploma and they give petty responses for not hiring an individual. Additionally, it's not clear what they evaluate when hiring

Interview Questions
  • Essay writing skills evaluation and its barely done to perfection

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WriterBay.com (Fayetteville, AR) in Jun 2020

Interview

Everything was done online. There was a test on plagiarism, a grammar test, and an essay requirement on a given topic. The plagiarism test had 5 questions, one of which did not have the correct answer as an option. The topic given for the essay was poorly devised and contradictory. The interview process required documentation of bachelor's degree and a photo ID. I did not have a copy of my degree, so I sent my transcript noting the degree and date, and was asked for the actual degree. I said I could order one or just send other documents that verify my degree (my transcript and teacher's license), and I was told that would be adequate. After sending them, I was told I needed to send a copy of the actual degree. I responded that the same person (the only one I was communicating with the whole time) told me the other documents would suffice. She responded that they would suffice, and I didn't need to send a copy of the degree certificate. Yes, seriously. I was eventually told that it was my essay that disqualified me. I know it was grammatically impeccable and stylistically sufficient, so I believe it was rejected due to calling out the poor question. The person communicating with me had very poor writing skills, as each email I received was wrought with poor word choice, grammatical errors and roughly 3rd grade-level writing. After being told that the decision was final, I informed the representative of this.

Interview Questions
  • The essay topic posed a question about whether human actions are subconsciously motivated, and offered "self-centered" as synonymous with subconscious. To anyone with above a third grade education, it is clear these are not the same thing.
3 people found this interview helpful

WriterBay.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at WriterBay.com in Apr 2020

Interview

Questions include three different academic writing styles such as APA, MLA, and Chicago. Next, a grammar test, a paragraph writing, then finally an essay. After submitting the answers, the applicant will wait for Writerbay's feedback.

Interview Questions
  • If I know APA, MLA, Chicago academic writing styles. I was also required to write a 150 words essay.

WriterBay.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WriterBay.com

Interview

Unprofessional would be a nice way of describing what Writer Bay is. I think words like disrespectful, slanderous, lazy, and cold-blooded are much more fitting adjectives. My experience with Writer Bay started off well, with their team following up on my application regularly. I was asked to submit photographs of my college diplomas and ID along with writing samples and a resume as part of my application to be a freelance writer. After two business days, I received a response that my application had been rejected. I asked why, thinking that perhaps the writing samples I sent were not what they were looking for. Imagine my shock and outrage when I was told that my diplomas appeared to have been modified, according to the opinions of Writer Bay's "experienced managers". They offered absolutely no evidence backing this statement up and refused to even consider checking with my alma maters when I suggested it. They just decided I was a fraud and called it a day. I've never had the integrity of my degrees questioned before, much less had false accusations leveled at me with no basis whatsoever. Even if the photographs I sent were not clear (one of my diplomas is very large and difficult to fit into a camera frame), it would have been a simple matter for Writer Bay to pick up a phone and check on my enrollment with my schools. They could even have asked me to request the schools to send official transcripts and diplomas, which would have immediately verified my past attendance. Instead, they couldn't be bothered to fact-check before they concluded that I had faked my degrees. Writer Bay, I can't help but wonder, was it my nationality that caused you to suddenly dismiss my capabilities? You were very keen on me up until I showed you my non-US passport. Perhaps you made the lazy assumption that people outside your country are incapable of producing great writers who go to good American schools. Are you going to ask me if my country is made up as well? Shame on you, in any case. Whatever the motivations for your behavior, it is an absolutely gross way to treat people who are just trying to earn a living. I'm glad you showed me who you are before I got stuck working with you.

Interview Questions
  • Not applicable (It's an application process on a website, not a traditional interview)
3 people found this interview helpful

WriterBay.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WriterBay.com in Mar 2020

Interview

I applied online and was asked to provide supporting documents, such as CV, degree certificate, an example of a written piece, right to work evidence etc. Following the review of the documents, I was asked to write a test essay using academic style writing and referencing.

Interview Questions
  • Write an academic piece on the topic "Do mental games help keep cognitive skills sharp?"

WriterBay.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WriterBay.com in Mar 2019

Interview

After attempting all steps and securing 13/15 marks in grammar test and writing a well structured essay they rejected my application and did not even tell me what was wrong.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WriterBay.com (Mumbai) in Oct 2018

Interview

The whole process is online. They made me go complete many tests. Technical issues occurred twice during this process and they made me do the tests again. I didn't mind. It's only when I everything was over and I thought I everything went well did I receive a mail from them saying "It looks like you have registered with us twice. So we can't accept your application." This was so terribly ridiculous. Of course, I didn't have two accounts. But even if I did you'd expect them to have spotted this early on. And if they did suddenly find two accounts out of the blue, they should check it; ask me about it and look for a technical glitch on their end. Not reject my application outright, after having made me go through their long process.

Interview Questions
  • I wish they had asked me- We see two accounts in your name. Is it possible you registered twice, even if only by mistake?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Rāwalpindi

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WriterBay.com (Rāwalpindi) in Aug 2017

Interview

It includes 3 tests of academic writing styles of APA,MLA, and Chicago style. Then a grammar test. All MCQs. Then a paragraph writing and an essay at the end. The writing is time limited while the tests are not.

Interview Questions
  • To write an essay on landing on Mars.

WriterBay.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WriterBay.com

Interview

Write a paper on the chosen subject...will be judged on your writing skills. Then the applicant would have to wait several days to know whether if they receive the position or not.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews