XcelHR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XcelHR Interview Questions

3.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XcelHR.

Interview

Company has a thorough interview process that includes a phone screening and written interview. I was contacted by a very nice recruiter who walked me through the whole process. Eventually I interviewed with a panel of managers and was offered a position 2 weeks later. No complaints...

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from other candidates for the position?
      What types of software have you worked with?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XcelHR (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Applied online. Go through initial screening interview. Phone Interview. Finally an in-person interview.
    The people I interviewed with were great. The in-person interview is more of a conversation and less of a combative question and answer.

The only regret I have is not being able to accept the offer. Partial tele-commute is not an option here. However, from my interview process I can say the parts of the company I experienced were excellent.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good in this role and what will do to be successful in this role.   Answer Question

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at XcelHR (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Very nice recruiter who was responsive to my e-mails, and I met her once and we had a very nice conversation (although it was at a Starbucks which isn't very professional!) about a wide variety of topics, but the process dragged on for months and months and months.... I was repeatedly told "we're trying to get the team together"; "everyone is very busy"; I'll get back to you on [specific day] or next week" and only when I'd follow-up when the recruiter did not. Once the response from the recruiter (3-4 months on) was, "you're still in consideration but we're looking for additional candidates"; I asked to be removed from consideration as any company that can't select a few qualified candidates for serious consideration and make time to interview, is not a company I want to work for - clearly they can't or won't get things done! I've since been told by a former employee of Xcel that it's a terrible place to work so I dogged a bullet for which I am thankful!!!

The job sounded very interesting;the pay was fair; the location was great; and, business travel is something I like, but I doubt I would have ever been able to get anything done and that would have been extremely frustrating, and a waste of everyone's time and money.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular - the "interview" was really more of a conversation which is more informative for all parties.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XcelHR in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I had a very nice phone screening and then they brought me in for a team panel interview with the president (who is not the owner). That part went very well. After a week or so they offered me the job. I had some additional questions but they did not answer them. I was presented with an employment contract, non-compete with 3 year clause, background check and arbitration agreement. Most of this was expected but the refusal to answer questions about the work environment was cause for concern - enough that I declined. Read more below if you wish.

Interview Questions

• Does the stuffed deer head on the wall scare you?   1 Answer

They refused to answer questions about work environment and the issues raised in these ratings. Benefits are not on par and the salary is not commensurate with the expected number of hours. I understand the team in Marlborough is good (2 other staff) but it is lacking at the main office so you are expected to uphold locally with clients poor decisions made at the parent office. Pass.