Xtreme Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xtreme Consulting Interview Questions

2.8

Infrastructure Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

High energy, dynamic, allowed for excellent interaction between Manager and Leader, and myself as the potential hire. Great interaction by Recruiting Manager as well, who participated in the interview process. The white board table was an excellent touch!

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background, and how well I believed I did at key functions of the job. And whether I was willing to branch out to do functions that are outside the main job area. This is an important point, because we really should know during the interview process if something is non-standard for the role or falls outside the position description. It's a common thing, but better to not be surprised. In my case, this demonstrated great flexibility in the role, which I am really enjoying!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation of salary was easy and compromise was made, but fair. Xtreme Consulting has an excellent online process for going through new hire paperwork as well, which is part of the negotiation process because this is where you learn the standards of the company and how you are expected to engage with the clients. Overall I thought this process was very good, and I appreciated that it was online including the ability to accept Docusign for my signature.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Beaverton, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Brought in for interview with Consulting Agency. Then interviewed at client site. Answered questions about my background and about qualifications. Took 20 minutes to complete interview. Received offer within an hour of interview. Accepted Offer.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Phone screening, in person interview, emailing back and forth as need be. I was referred to this job by a current employee of the company. Thankfully, the recruiter I worked with was very transparent during the process (how many people were interviewing, pay compared to other employees, what my chances are, etc). It went well. I did an onsite interview with my direct supervisor and 2 days later was told the job was mine.

Interview Questions

• They do a great job of asking me what I WANT in a job, aside from the job itself. Did a really good job of trying to place me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting.

Interview

Collaborative group interview, though I don't think that this is the norm. They were in a fire drill to replace another program manager that had walked off the job without notice.

Negotiation

Two rounds of back and forth about my salary requirements. They protested that I was asking for too much, but I stuck to my guns. I did get what I wanted, but I also went into the interview with a sense for what the vendor consulting rate ranges were.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting.

Interview

The interview processes are different for everyone. If you interview with Microsoft FTE's they aren't as in depth as Xtreme. Xtreme asks a lot of Active Directory questions, FSMO related that are not related to the job.

Interview Questions

• FSMO related questions that are not related to the position. They also asked site failover questions and how to do it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Xtreme will not negotiate. They give a fixed salary and you go with it or aren't hired.

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting in October 2013.

Interview

Was one interview with the hiring manager, whom was also a vendor and a secondary Microsoft employee. After the interviews did a brief job shadow to see the position. After that was told the if hired I would get a couple back fairly soon. From interview to hire two 2+ weeks plus at least another week to get security role and everything verified so I could have access to the building.

Interview Questions

• Asked what would you do if your keyboard broke and your working the late shift.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and asked to meet in person. She ran through a fairly basic screening interview and upon completion, recommended me to the client (Microsoft). Afterwards, I had a screening interview at the client's office, where I went through a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience and how it ties to the job description.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Boise, ID) in May 2013.

Interview

I saw my position listed on Monster.com and applied. I anticipated a quick contact, but things move a bit slower in Boise than in Redmond. After a couple of weeks I was contacted by email and phone. I did two phone interviews and was made an offer. I negotiated and they extended me a better offer which I accepted. I was surprised that they didn't require an in-person interview, but it indicated that I performed well during my phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall being asked any difficult or unexpected questions. Having done many interviews I answered as honestly and correctly as possible, even if I didn't have answers at the time. I indicated that I am very resourceful and tenacious, and find solutions to problems presented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a very short term contract, but indicated that all of my previous contracts were from 6 months to a year, with many being open ended. The 2nd offer I received was for 6 months with the option to convert to full time.

Tier III Exchange Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received a call back from their HR person. They scheduled me for an interview and I wasn't nervous until I walked in the room and realized it was a panel interview...where four people sit across the table and ask you questions.

Interview Questions

• ALL the questions were technical related, but I remember during the interview I had to get up and draw a diagram of the way email works in Exchange 2010. I also was given five minutes to write down how email works to five year old.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because I did not do well in the interview. It was either "take this salary or you don't get this job".

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Redmond, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Face to face interview with Xtreme, in person interview with client.