YWCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.7

Childcare Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YWCA (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

they had parents that were friends of the Childcare Director in the interview process which is overall an ethics violation if you ask me, they called the parents board members when in actuality that parent had a child in the classroom I would be teaching

Family Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out through an email around 2-3 weeks later to schedule an in person interview. The interview was very casual, low of stress, and flowed more of like a conversation. I was again given information about the facility and the position, was asked about my experiences, goals, situational questions. After the interview a tour of the facility was given.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

-two admin. interviewed me
    -one for school-age and the other for infants
    -very casual
    -asked specifically about your passions, weakness and strengths
    -focused on the overall job description and how to carry the mission and vision through working at the YWCA

Employment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Applied online and received a call which I believe was a pre-screening, talk for about 30 minutes and she said she was get back to me. Never was provided a follow up as to my status. I think they're looking for individuals from other states or new college graduates so they don't have to pay people with the actual experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted exactly 1 month after. The interview was very conversational and welcoming in nature. They asked standard interview questions and went over my resume. They also took notes throughout. I was interviewed by two people: the volunteers engagement director and the manager of the specific volunteer program I applied for. I got an offer at the end of the interview.

Program Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Lengthy phone interview then in person interview, then called in for in person interview as next step. Did not pursue position further, seems to offer decent benefits and vacation sick after allotted time.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YWCA (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, questions were pretty much what I expected, HR was very friendly and helpful with all the questions I had. Full time candidates also have an in person interview, but as I was temporary I only had a phone interview.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of five very nice ladies. The process took about an hour. It seemed to be a very family friendly environment, which I really liked. The interviewers were very personable and did a wonderful job describing the scope of the position to me. I remain very interested in working for the YWCA, but I did not receive a job offer. One of my interviewers agreed to hold my resume on file in the event that a position opens up, but she has not called yet and I am officially going to cease holding my breath.

Direct Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA (Holyoke, MA).

Interview

They had me wait for a while and had some of the residents talking to me. It was clear that they wanted to see how I interacted with the residents and children and how comfortable that I would be. They then brought me into a room and asked me questions and talked about the program. I asked for them to show me around after and they did.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YWCA in June 2016.

Interview

They were cordial. They reviewed my resume and wanted to know about my experience. They did mention that they may keep the position within the organization. I'm not sure why I was even interviewed if this was the case, especially since I applied for this position months ago and they had originally filled it.