YWCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YWCA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.6

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Really simple just came in for the interview. It was a group interview; they asked pretty standard questions. Waited a week or two for a call back and got offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with upset customers?   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

It was great. The question s that they asked me weren't hard at all. I didn't have to think at all. I really liked how they did it. I would want everyone to sign up.

Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Two rounds: a phone interview and an in-person panel interview. Usual process in that the phone interview was to get to know me and why I applied, where the second interview was to understand how I could do in the position. The second interview was a bit difficult in that their questions were about specific situations that interviewees may not have experienced, leaving people at a disadvantage. I enjoyed the interviewing process, but never heard back -- could have appreciated a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to work together in a team.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you disagreed with a manager.   Answer Question
    • Situation: a client is in a bad personal space and it seems you are the only person she talks to or depends on. She relies on you heavily and it is interfering with the rest of your work. What do you do?   Answer Question

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA (Seattle, WA).

Interview

One round interview process with a panel. Over all a good experience with fairly easy questions. The most difficult aspect was the situation based questions describing how you would work with clients facing a variety of situations,

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA in August 2017.

Interview

The process was disorganized, as expected, because they do not have a HR Department. I was never asked to nor did I complete an application for employment. The process is technically still active as I have not received any feedback or response and the position is still posted. As a HR professional, I know that I am not still being considered for this position. I had a sense of that immediately following the interview, but professional courtesy suggests that a response be provided. Especially for a professional/manager level position.

Interview Questions

• What would be your initial priority if offered this position.   1 Answer

Educator Interview

Interview

It was fine, not too hard, not too easy. The people were very nice but their questions definitely made you think. What I got from it is that the interviewer wanted something more than the standard answers that most people give. Make yourself known, make sure they know why you are passionate about getting this position.

Childcare Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YWCA (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

they had parents that were friends of the Childcare Director in the interview process which is overall an ethics violation if you ask me, they called the parents board members when in actuality that parent had a child in the classroom I would be teaching

Family Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out through an email around 2-3 weeks later to schedule an in person interview. The interview was very casual, low of stress, and flowed more of like a conversation. I was again given information about the facility and the position, was asked about my experiences, goals, situational questions. After the interview a tour of the facility was given.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

-two admin. interviewed me
    -one for school-age and the other for infants
    -very casual
    -asked specifically about your passions, weakness and strengths
    -focused on the overall job description and how to carry the mission and vision through working at the YWCA

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YWCA (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call the same day I applied. Came in for a single interview where they read off questions from sheets of paper and took notes. It took about 15-20 minutes for the whole process. I was offered the job two days later

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond company policy to assist a customer.   Answer Question