Yahoo Japan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.8

Software Engineering At Flickr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo Japan (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Quick phone interview with the hiring manager 4 days after applying. Then the recruiter took three weeks to check my visa status with Yahoo's immigration department. After that scheduled a full day of six interviews with different people (frontend, design, engineering, product).

Everybody seemed rather cool, the atmosphere really open and generally enjoyable. The Flickr offices are in a nice building in the financial district. Everything's purple.

Interview Questions

• Write a regular expression for telephone numbers   Answer Question
    • Suppose we have a giant table in MySQL. Write an effective way to select 20 random rows from the table.   1 Answer
    • How do you chmod a file to be executable if the chmod command itself isn't executable?   1 Answer
    • Write logic & template code for a Flickr sets webpage. Explain possible scalability issues.   Answer Question
    • How would you fight spam on a site like Flickr.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yahoo Japan (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

brief process:
    divided into work related questions 9all parts of technology in job desc tested), problem solving skills, general communication skills tested.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo Japan (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

apply via online, take some interviews. all the interview were group interview. Nothing special, very easy to pass at that time. there was IQ test, but seems not sure it it was actually reffered.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo Japan (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I sent an email to them, luckily, I got a interview to understand their situation. Actually, I felt that they are Japanese company totally, hence, they hope their candidates could speak Japanese fluently.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like to work with us?   1 Answer

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo Japan (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resumes, they contacted me to have an interview by phone. For setting it, we exchanged emails and it was set in a week. It took 20 minutes and was a 1-1 interview by FaceTime. After it, they told me they would contact me the result in a week and then they emailed me that no progress to the next process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply the position? Could you explain about your former job in detail?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo Japan.

Interview

Technical exam on-site -> 1st on-site interview -> 2nd on-site interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo Japan in May 2011.

Interview

I answered what the guy asked correctly several times.. but it wasn't the answer HE was looking for..

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo Japan in January 2009.

Interview

online apply, onsite interview, then offer